Any clean eaters/paleo people?

Options

Replies

• CelebrateLife
    CelebrateLife Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hi I eat Clean Healthy Foods ... I prepare everything from scratch ....
    I log everything and log in everyday

Feel free to add me :)
  • Rose_bee
    Rose_bee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    All you Oregonian folks! I live in the rural part of King County, about 30 miles SE of Seattle. Technically I'm in a town and I even live in a housing development, but it's not really very suburban. Right behind my house is an undeveloped green belt. Go 2 miles down the road, you see people with goats in the front yard next to their rusty cars :laugh:

Anyhow, the Pacific Northwest is an awesome place to live if you are looking to grow your own food (we do), raise your own chickens (we do), buy at farmer's markets, get local, grass fed beef and so on. Love it here.

Agreed! I've already got sugar snap peas & an artichoke growing in my backyard. Broccoli and asparagus will be next! This is the first house for my husband & me (just purchased this past summer). I'm very excited to have a veggie garden for the first time. Will definitely help with the clean eating!
  • KrissyKris10
    KrissyKris10 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Most days i eat fairly clean. I still have oatmeal and yogurt. I'm working on heading in the more primal direction perhaps. still working on the kinks. I'd certainly love to see more people on my FL that are the same.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options

I'm lucky to live in the Willamette Valley in Oregon where we have a lot of local farmers and lots of good local organic food. I'm VERY excited for our Farmer's Market to start up in 3 weeks. :)

*waves*
    Hello fellow Eugenian!!

Hi! :D What a wonderfully small world! :)

*sad wave* I'm an Oregonian who is very homesick over in Scotland! xx
  • sjklaus
    sjklaus Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Finished my whole30 the end of January, and am making the transition to paleo.
  • atynk
    atynk Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    There are a few paleo/primal support groups on here.. really great as some people are very judgemental about us Primal lovers lol

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/37-primal-paleo-support-group
  • Shes1CraftyMama
    Shes1CraftyMama Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Finished my whole30 the end of January, and am making the transition to paleo.

OOOO, what is whole30 please do tell!
  • weinbagel
    weinbagel Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    There are a few paleo/primal support groups on here.. really great as some people are very judgemental about us Primal lovers lol

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/37-primal-paleo-support-group

thanks!
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    whole30
  • Christie0428
    Christie0428 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    We eat "primal" or "clean" .... not paleo cause we refuse to give up wine and cheese :-D .... But we avoid all processed foods, all foods with glutens and phytates (as far as we can tell) .... feel free to add if you like. Yeah, I like MFP too.

I love this! I am doing the whole30 now, but hope to end up here as long as I don't identify a sensitivity to dairy (fingers crossed)

I've been leaning in to paleo Jan '13, and fully committed almost 2 weeks ago. Feel free to add me if you like
  • Christie0428
    Christie0428 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    for those who have questions on Whole30:

here is the link: http://whole9life.com/start/

and the explination of what to expect: http://whole9life.com/2012/06/the-whole30-timeline/

I started almost 2 weeks ago and I am loving it. It seems restrictive at first, but once you get in to it it is really good. I am less hungry my cravings for sugar and junk is gone. The best advice I got about this (and really any diet) is to plan ahead, I make my breakfast and lunch for the week on Sunday and package it up in individual pyrex containers and cook a dinner for the first couple of nights... that way when the work week starts and I am tired and hungry - there is no thinking on the spot, what I am goign to eat is already decided.
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I am new and starting on clean eating as well. working on cutting processed foods.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I cut out sugar for lent... add me if you like.

If I am told "You are so healthy" one more time at work I'm going to respond "Yes, because I don't want to look like you!" and smile!

:tongue:
  • babymaddux
    babymaddux Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    not so much the last couple weeks, but i'm trying to get back to it.
  • fiferize
    fiferize Posts: 141
    Options
    I am for the most part. Fruits Vegis and Lean cuts of meat. Whole Grains. No dairy, No Eggs, No Soy, No Gluten, No Sugars/Sweeteners, No peanuts, No Corn. Does that fit the bill?
  • cw822
    cw822 Posts: 107
    Options
    I just started the paleo way a couple weeks ago...although giving up wine is not likely to happen. Am trying to limit it to once a week though. All fresh fruits/veggies and meat....no processed foods, cheese (bummer!) or grains.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I'm a fairly "clean" eater. I'm "keto primal" too but slowly going more "paleo". Now that I've used all the silly labels: I try to eat a majority of real food, prepared at home. And of course no grains or legumes. Feeling awesome, enjoying the best health of my life at age 40, and losing lots of weight. :flowerforyou:
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    clean primal mostly ish over here :):flowerforyou:
  • kimmynw1
    kimmynw1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    All you Oregonian folks! I live in the rural part of King County, about 30 miles SE of Seattle. Technically I'm in a town and I even live in a housing development, but it's not really very suburban. Right behind my house is an undeveloped green belt. Go 2 miles down the road, you see people with goats in the front yard next to their rusty cars :laugh:

Anyhow, the Pacific Northwest is an awesome place to live if you are looking to grow your own food (we do), raise your own chickens (we do), buy at farmer's markets, get local, grass fed beef and so on. Love it here.

Love seeing all the great people from the NW. I am about 60 miles north of Seattle in Skagit County! I am working on getting to a mostly "clean" diet. I am a work in progress!
  • sjklaus
    sjklaus Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It's been an amazing find, and works great for me and my family...it's really cutting out all processed foods, but keeping all those foods that keep you healthy. Check their website out at: http://whole9life.com/ I've also read: It Starts With Food...and would HIGHLY recommend it.