Eating after 6...help!

MrsSmith2010
MrsSmith2010 Posts: 225 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Okay, so here's the deal. I work a really busy job all day. I keep track of anywhere from12-15 people and I sit all day. My schedule is 945-715 every day, m-f. It's insane for my eating schedule. By the time I actually get home to sit down and eat the meal my fiance prepared, it's 7:30 if I'm lucky. Does anybody have any ideas as to what I can do to stop that? I mean it's not affecting me now per say, but I know it might start. I'd like to just nip it... ehh

Replies

• AllisonMO
    AllisonMO Posts: 68 Member
    IMHO, you should be fine. There is nothing magic about not eating after 6, For your schedule, it would seem that the important thing would be not eating or snacking between your sit-down meal and your bedtime, and then making sure that you start your day with breakfast and have healthy snacks and lunch during the day that fit into your calory plan and activity level. My husband doesn't get home till around 8:30 pm, so we often don't have dinner till then, and it has made no difference as long as I continue to watch my overall intake.
  • MrsSmith2010
    what is IMHO? thanks for your input. is it a don't eat like 3 hours before bed? Maybe if I eat and then wait that time period and don't just sit around it will compensate for it. I eat a healthy breakfast and healthy snacks throughout my day too.
  • One of the greatest myths in dieting is how late you eat. The following is from msnbc:

"Myth #9 Never eat at night
    Fact: Calories don’t know time
    What’s important is how many calories you consume; not when you eat them. Many successful dieters save 200 to 300 calories to eat at night. Sure, eating a big steak before you go to bed may give you some indigestion, but it won’t ruin your diet. Eating at night may be the best time for you. You’re at home, the kids are in bed, and you have time to enjoy your food. Oprah says she doesn’t eat after dinner, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t have a late snack and still stick to your diet. "

So dont worry about what time you eat. Just get a routine that works for you and stick to your diet, you will reach your goals!

Good Luck!
  • MrsSmith2010
    calories don't know time. haha i like it. thanks!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    what is IMHO?
    IMHO = In My Honest Opinion

Can also be written as just IMO = In My Opinion
  • tdh302
    tdh302 Posts: 57 Member
    Eating after a certain time shouldn't make any difference. I have traveled to the other side of the world several times and your food schedule is crazy. Your body has no idea what time of day it is- look at the big picture of a 24 hour cycle. Prior to my travels, I always had my last meal of the day around 8 or 8:30 at night- never made any difference. If you are new to eating healthy and the idea of losing weight- don't get wrapped up in details that will drive you crazy; you'll end up losing focus on what really counts: The amount of calories you eat, the foods you spend them on, and getting physical activity into your daily living. Don't make this harder than you need to at this point :)
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Calories In - Calories Out.

Don't worry about time. It's all about the number of calories you eat versus the number of calories you expend. If timing mattered, we could really help starving kids in Africa by only feeding them at night. :frown: Wouldn't that be nice actually? (sorry..... Debbie Downer with that comment......)

Don't worry about the time. Do make sure you adjust your meal times so that you aren't ravenous during the day, waiting for dinner time to come around. :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.