Insanity

Options
I'm just starting this today.. And I've seen many people get results. If you're doing it, feel free to add me :)

PANAMA CITY HERE I COME!

Replies

• sshone1
    sshone1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am starting this on Monday after I complete my 10K this Sunday. I am excited to start it and could use support in staying on track to complete it.

Add me if you would like!
  • chymerra
    chymerra Posts: 212
    Options
    did it, love it! stick to the program, eat your calories and you'll see amazing results
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    done it several times. back to back. in hind sight i would have done better switching between p90x and insanity... or just doing something else and coming back. good to switch gears and i personally think its hella difficult to eat the propper defecit with all that intense cardio. makes me very hungry
  • SheHulkExtrodinaire
    SheHulkExtrodinaire Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am in the middle of my second week of INsanity, and I have to admit, it is kicking my butt! But I am pushing through.
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Day 10 here. 48 year old female. Already noticing small changes to my body. Can't wait to see where I am in 2 weeks. Oh and I gained 5 pounds. Don't let the scale discourage you. I will see where I am after month 1
  • SirgS
    SirgS Posts: 21
    Options
    Be sure to manage your calories properly. You'll burn a lot of calories and if you don't eat right it is tough to get all of the energy to finish an entire workout without stopping a lot.

Also, workout on a mat or a place with some give. This is brutal on the knees and joints. He doesn't kid when he says land softly!

Otherwise it is an excellent program that my wife and I both had some of the best results we've seen. My energy levels and endurance increased exponentially.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    take a sledge to your scale because it will only lie to you. get out the tape messure.

actually, how my pants fit is perhaps the best measure of progress, and i heard a fantastic idea on the forum today.

buy a pair of jeans that fit propperly. then buy one or two sizes down in the exact same pair of jeans. this is a perfect way to measure progress and not have to worry if its just a different cut/sizing thing lol.

on the other hand a tape measure probably works just as well but that sounded like a really cool and motivating idea to me.
  • meganbook
    meganbook Posts: 71
    Options
    I've done Insanity, and now doing it again on and off with P90x (Monday/Wednesday/Friday P90x, Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday Insanity) I love it. STAY OFF THE SCALE. Like ChgingMe said it can get discouraging, but you will lose inches and get crazy fit. Good luck!
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I'll add you :)
    I'm currently doing Insanity (and I love it!), day 12 tomorrow.
  • GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I've done 2 rounds of P90X and tomorrow will be the start of week 4 in Insanity...looooove it
  • Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 5. So freaking sore but loving it.

Good luck! Add me if you would like. :flowerforyou:
  • alikat2986
    alikat2986 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Almost completed week 2!! Loving the calorie requirement, 2000 per day!! Probably get into Asylum, Combat or Chalean extreme afterward...
  • MD1978
    MD1978 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    forgive me, not trying to hijack the thread, How long are the insanity workouts? I would like to start this but have a limited time frame for working out :)
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Day 17 here and loving it :drinker:
  • JonieB
    JonieB Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Today is Day 47 for me. The weight has been coming off slowly, I have lost about 9 lbs since starting. My body is completely different though. I have pants that I haven't been able to wear in 5 1/2 years that are almost falling off of me. I am already planning on starting round 2 in April. Anyone that wants support feel free to friend me. :)
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I am just finishing Week 3 of Month 2 today.

Put the scale away, do not look at it and use your clothes, tape measure and the fit tests to measure your progress. Seriously The scale will just screw with your mind.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    forgive me, not trying to hijack the thread, How long are the insanity workouts? I would like to start this but have a limited time frame for working out :)

Month 1 30 - 40 minutes
    Month 2 45 - 60 minutes
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Options

Thanls for posting this. O am in exactly the same situation. Here is hoping we get an answer!
  • MD1978
    MD1978 Posts: 477 Member
    Options

Month 1 30 - 40 minutes
    Month 2 45 - 60 minutes

Thanks! Definately do able :)
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Thank you Like A T Rex. Sounds loke I will have to wait until after tax season or until after kods are done with school in the spring.