what to do with frozen fish?

Options
2»

Replies

• meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    We just bought a ton of frozen basa filets because we found them very on cheap... We've been doing the following and it's super easy and delicious:

Thaw your fish pieces and pat very dry with paper towel. The filets we buy are approx 200g each, so we cut them into 2 portions for cooking.

Mix together 1/4 cup coarse cornmeal with 1/3 pkg low sodium taco seasoning in a plastic bag.
    Dredge each piece of fish until fully coated in this mix.
    Heat a skillet to med-high and spray well with Pam. Cook in batches 4-5 min on the first side, another 2-3 minutes on the second side until cooked through with a little crunch on the coating.

It's fast, easy, and delicious. We either serve them with coleslaw, pico and shredded lettuce for a "taco" like meal or just with a big salad.

Easy, quick and great for a mid-week meal.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your fantastic ideas.... they sound great. Looks like I'll have to buy another pack of basa fillets to try them all LOL

Thank you again :flowerforyou:
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Eat all the fish, the end.
  • Casstevens133
    Casstevens133 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Basa fish is a Vietnamese river fish - from the cat fish family. I the uk we call it river cobbler. I've not tried it but its meant to be very nice.