Hairy Issues

Options
Hey all, I am kind of new to this fitness world. I have been going to the gym regularly for about an hour every day. Any ideas on what I can do so that I won't have to wash my hair every single day?? I tried tried tying it up, but i still feel gross after doing 50 mins on the elliptical. I have very curly hair, so I can not wash it every day or else it will dry out. Please help!:sad:

Replies

• Rose_bee
    Rose_bee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I get sweaty as hell when I'm on my elliptical as well.

I rinse my hair when I shower after my workout, and I find that's all I need. I have curly/wavy hair and only wash my hair every other day.
  • commonnerd195
    Options
    My gym you can put a fan near your machine, that kinda works.
    Sweat is supposed to make you feel gross, and great at the same time.
    Try sweat bands? or bandannas, if you can get one to fit right, i have a big damn head.
  • patriciasimmons12
    patriciasimmons12 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Use a really good conditioner. I love the wen hair care products. I have also done the no shampoo thing where you use baking soda and apple cider vinegar. It is strange but there is no chemicals striping your hair. Your hair feels so different after a few weeks.
  • kjf1982
    kjf1982 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Have you tried using a spray-on dry shampoo? It absorbs the oil, then when you brush it it comes out of your hair.
  • mvlevy
    mvlevy Posts: 3
    Options
    I have heard of the spray on dry shampoo, but was kind of iffy about it. I guess its worth a shot. Should help if i also use a headband. Thanks for the suggestions
  • iiwish
    iiwish Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem....Sometimes I just don't wash my hair, even if I work out, and I'll just wear it up. I have the same kind of hair as you. Also if I want to work out every day, sometimes I'll do an evening workout, then a morning one....so it's like 2 workouts for 1 hairwash....or like I said, I just don't feel the need to wash it every time, even if I get sweaty...maybe I'm gross
  • xtinaaj
    xtinaaj Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too. I used to wash my hair about 2 times a week, now I feel like I have to wash it after every workout, so every day :(
  • Miss_Jenna
    Options
    Same story here. I usually wash every other day and since I run at night, I take a shower and on a day when I don't wash it, I put it up and rinse the sides where I sweat. I feel comfortable sleeping too.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    dry shampoo. tresemme make a cheapie thats meant to be good....

Also when you shampoo, only shampoo the roots, and when you condition, only condition the lengths.
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I have seen a lot of people recommend "dry shampoo" whatever that is...

I do cardio on MWF, and weights on TTh. I skip the shampoo on weight days, so I can wash it after my cardio without drying it out.

I also recommend shampoo on the roots and conditioner on the length.
  • JuliaLee67
    JuliaLee67 Posts: 149
    Options
    I have very curly hair, too! I just rinse my hair well in the shower after every workout and apply a light leave-iin conditioner, then apply my styling products and either blowdry with a diffuser or let it air dry (I wrap it in a t-shirt for a few minutes to absorb excess moisture first).

(I use the Kinky Curly product line, it works well for me and I haven't had a problem with it, workout wise.)