Zumba?

13»

Replies

• MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    I've only done classes, so don't know about the DVDs - i tend to need a class to motivate me, but with Zumba, you may be more comfortable rockin' out at home! I would regularly burn about 110 cals every 10 minutes. Usually close to 700 or more cals per 60 min class. If it was under 600 on my HRM i would feel like I must have slacked off during the class! A lot of times I could not necessarily keep up or do it right (I have no rhythm!), but just tried to keep my heart rate high and put in the squats and all the extra options they give.
  • eclairuk
    eclairuk Posts: 130 Member
    Yep. I'm pretty sure I'm obsessed!!! I LOVE ZUMBA!!!!!!!! I realised I was obsessed when I stayed at my parents on Saturday night (it was my rest day) and felt sad that I couldn't do my Zumba DVD :laugh:

I've been doing Zumba for a couple of weeks now and I can see the difference. My stomach looks AMAZING!!!!

I enjoy exercising but I get board easily. You can tell this the fact I have a lot of exercise DVD's !!
    Zumba definately is number 1!!! :flowerforyou:

Now I just need to find someone to come to a class with me :laugh:

Have a good week everyone :heart:
  • donna56
    donna56 Posts: 412
    Yep. I'm pretty sure I'm obsessed!!! I LOVE ZUMBA!!!!!!!! I realised I was obsessed when I stayed at my parents on Saturday night (it was my rest day) and felt sad that I couldn't do my Zumba DVD :laugh:

I've been doing Zumba for a couple of weeks now and I can see the difference. My stomach looks AMAZING!!!!

I enjoy exercising but I get board easily. You can tell this the fact I have a lot of exercise DVD's !!

Ha ha ha! I know what you mean:laugh: Yesterday was the first time I really put a good effort into doing the basic dvd and really worked up a sweat in 27 min! I enjoyed it and what they say is true, you don't look at it like it is excercise because it is so much fun. I am still on the basic dvd. I guess I am a slow learner :cry: With all the sweating I did, I figure I had to have burned some calories. I logged it in as general dancing seeing my body doesn't want to cooperate very well :grumble:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Where is Glasgow, SC? Are you near Bluffton/Beaufort? My younger sister teaches there. I am sure you will feel very welcomed in her class and wont need someone to come with you.

Zumba Hugs!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • eclairuk

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Where is Glasgow, SC? Are you near Bluffton/Beaufort? My younger sister teaches there. I am sure you will feel very welcomed in her class and wont need someone to come with you.

Zumba Hugs!!!! :flowerforyou:

Glasgow is in Scotland in the UK. Thanks though :flowerforyou: .
    If I can't find a friend to go with me I definately will go myself!! I think I have to now to get the full Zumba effect!! :heart:
  • eclairuk

Ha ha ha! I know what you mean:laugh: Yesterday was the first time I really put a good effort into doing the basic dvd and really worked up a sweat in 27 min! I enjoyed it and what they say is true, you don't look at it like it is excercise because it is so much fun. I am still on the basic dvd. I guess I am a slow learner :cry: With all the sweating I did, I figure I had to have burned some calories. I logged it in as general dancing seeing my body doesn't want to cooperate very well :grumble:

Good job!!! The other's are not too difficult to follow actually. Tanya the instructer lady tells you what's coming next and kinda helps you along the way. The Cardio Party one is slightly more difficult but when I lost it I just jigged around my livingroom until I got it again :laugh:. Sometimes when I do the arms and legs together my brain gets a bit confused :laugh:

I haven't tried the Zumba live DVD yet, working up to that. Possibly will try it on Sunday!!!

:heart:
This discussion has been closed.