duh! figured out why it's so hard!

chanstriste13
chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
week 2 of c25k is supposed to be 90 seconds of jogging with 2 full minutes of walking. i've only been giving myself 1 minute of walking! so i'm supposed to be doing 5 sets of 90 seconds jogging, but i've been doing 8 sets! no wonder my *kitten* has been floored! so what now? should i go back to the original program or try to keep going with this now that i've about mastered it? i feel so much better now - i knew it was going to get progressively harder, but i felt like a hit a brick wall. i'm relieved to know that i'm technically ahead of the program. so yay! what do ya'll think?

Replies

• sniffles
    sniffles Posts: 295
    I think; ah crap! Because I was doing the same thing. No wonder it was so hard! HAHA.
  • BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    I think if you can do what you are doing, do it, then next week get back to the program. My sister and I followed the program rather closely, but we have stopped doing the recommended (we are towards the end) and are just trying to increase our time. We know we won't be able to do the 5K in 30 minutes our speed just isn't there, but we are jogging for 30 minutes and are slowly upping our time so that we can finish the 5K (next Thursday! ekk)

Good luck to you!
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    I agree with wstjohn. Continue on as you were doing until week 3 starts. I am finishing up week 3 now and it is killing me. You should have it made after your strenuous week 2. :laugh:
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    I am considering starting the C25K program and am pretty excited about it. Have you all had any running experience before? I have never been able to run a long distance and think this is a great goal for myself. I am interested to know what yall think about it. :happy: Thanks!
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    I just started doing a similar program. It is not the c25k exactly, but a similar walk/run progressive program. I say if you have already "mastered" a harder level, why go backwards?

Has anyone had issues with shin pain? I did get new running shoes from a reputable local store (yes, they put me up on a treadmill and filmed my strides and all of that), and that has helped. But I am getting a lot of shin pain just plain walking 30 minutes. The mind and lungs are willing, but the legs are revolting! Anyone have any suggestions? Is this just a matter of conditioning that will get better if I press on?
This discussion has been closed.