Transition clothes - NSV

Options
OK - broke down and bought a new pair of jeans last night even though I hope they won't fit me soon.
I FEEL AWESOME today - my old ones made me feel so dumpy. Since I'm 5'8" it takes about 20 lbs to drop a pants size so I didn't want to wait another 6-8 weeks to get to my "destination size" I figured once I'm done with these I will consignment sell them or find someone who is also transitioning!

Replies

• dougii
    dougii Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    WTG!!!! I lucked out and found tons of old jeans in my closets and drawers that were from years gone by so I had "new" clothes to wear right up until near the end. Still remember the day I came out of Penny's and proclaimed to my wife that I had just bought a size 34 waist (I had started my journey 11 months earlier wearing size 46 waists). WooHoo to you!!!!
  • babynun
    babynun Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm glad there are others experiencing my little dilemma too. I was a size 7 but even that was getting tight about 4 months ago. I'm now a size 5 and bought several transition jeans. Nothing spectacular but just needed a few pairs that fit better. I bought those about 2 weeks ago and they are loose now. I haven't lost more weight but getting toner. I don't think I'm going to purchase any more jeans and maybe just live in yoga/stretch pants for awhile :)

Until I hit my goal, I shouldn't buy any more jeans/pants...what do you all think?
  • shoppingdiva2011
    shoppingdiva2011 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My NSV is getting taken off my all my medications - blood pressure medication and water pill and indigestion medication. My new NSV victory is my wedding rings are getting looser again. I have had to have my wedding rings resized a few times so far. So today I went to Penneys and bought a band to go in front of my wedding rings to hold the rings more secure:smile:
  • the0th3rjen
    the0th3rjen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. I got lucky and my sister ended up having lots of jeans and shirts that were too big for her now...so she let me pick through them and I have jeans until I am back in a 18 (it'll be a while but I'm patient)

But I would suggest Goodwill or similar for jeans/pants. Seems a shame to pay full price for something you wont be wearing long.

Oh and congrats the rings being too large. Always nice to HAVE to buy some jewelry =)
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Shoppingdiva - WTG! I just had my band sized down from an 11.25 to an even 10!!! Also off almost all of my meds - one pesky HBP medicine left but it will be going away in the future too!

Babynun - I just bought a lot of new belts along the way and sinched the pants tighter until I felt they really looked bad (LOL). I still wear my 38's on the weekends, just not to work or anywhere that I want to look my best.

No one ever mentioned the downside to weight loss - having to purchase a new wardrobe is expensive (but boy do I get compliments when I wear the new suit!!!)
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    That's exactly what I've decided to do. Once my original pants started getting baggy and falling off my hips, I decided to go buy a couple pairs that fit me now. I feel sloppy and unkempt in clothes that are obviously too big for me. Every time I go down a size, I plan to hit up the clearance racks and get 2-3 pairs that fit me at my current size. It's much better than constantly having "diaper butt" and having to pull your pants back up where they belong!
    Good job, by the way!
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Shopping for jeans is never-ending. I started out at 40" waist, then had to downside to 38", then 36", then 34", now 32". The problem is, jeans at the supposed same fit (e.g. relaxed) at the same waist size don't always fit the same. My primary jeans are 32" now and they are getting loose. Yet I have a pair that is really tight and I can only really use it when I know I won't be sitting down much. Same measurements, same cut, different brand.

I also find fitness clothes really confusing. I'm an XXL in biking jersey, a M or L in biking shorts, and an S in gym shorts. I'm a L in most normal shirt sizes.

And don't get me started about Martial Arts Gis. There is no correct size for me. I can either get too short but fits right or correct length and way too huge. I'm on the "too huge" kind now. A lady in class told me that my drawstring looks like a tampon because there's so much slack dangling.

In the past I've always known exactly what size stuff to get. Now that I'm into various sports and losing weight, I have no idea. I hear that this is what it's like for women's clothing - that sizes are all relative to the brand and particular type of clothing. If that's the case, then I need to go worship my wife even more than I normally do.