Ouch!

Options
Okay, so I stubbed my toe on my treadmill last night. I was dressed and ready to run, walked into the room to get my shoes on and bam. So, my toe nail has turned black and I'm pretty sure it's going to fall off, along with that, my toe is bruised pretty good too. I'm the type of person that usually sucks things like this up, but for I seriously cannot run. I tried to take motrin, ice, etc...it sucks to say I can't run because my toe hurts, but seriously, I can't run because my toe hurts.

Any other ideas for what I can do for workouts? I walked today during my break and that probably wasn't the best idea. Any ideas on what I can do to speed up the healing process?

Thanks!

Replies

• maedarrell
    Options
    Soak it in epsom salt, it will help you out!
    In the mean time, watch what you eat if you're worried about extra weight gain and I would go swimming.
    That is such a great cardio method and gets your pulse up fast!
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Bicycle won't put much pressure on your toe, especially if you can do it with your shoe off, so maybe a stationary bike?
  • HPLW0705
    HPLW0705 Posts: 102
    Options
    Swimming probably isn't going to happen...I don't have a pool and unfortunately, I have a treadmill because I can't get to a gym.

I'll definitely try the epsom salt soak!

Thanks!!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    You can try shadow boxing or doing some curls and lifts with a couple of cans from your pantry. You can also do leg lifts.
  • KRobertson36
    KRobertson36 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    If on the off hand chance you broke your toe you might think about using sporting tape and tape it to the toe next to it. I've done this many times in the past. Other than that rest....watch what you eat and when it heals hop back up and get to it.
  • sassafrascas
    sassafrascas Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Try looking up workout videos on youtube. I like Tae bo.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Okay, so I stubbed my toe on my treadmill last night. I was dressed and ready to run, walked into the room to get my shoes on and bam. So, my toe nail has turned black and I'm pretty sure it's going to fall off, along with that, my toe is bruised pretty good too. I'm the type of person that usually sucks things like this up, but for I seriously cannot run. I tried to take motrin, ice, etc...it sucks to say I can't run because my toe hurts, but seriously, I can't run because my toe hurts.

Any other ideas for what I can do for workouts? I walked today during my break and that probably wasn't the best idea. Any ideas on what I can do to speed up the healing process?

Thanks!

if this happened yesterday and still hurts I wonder if you broke it?
  • HPLW0705
    HPLW0705 Posts: 102
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I did. I asked a friend to look at it, she's an ER nurse...she said she's pretty sure it's broken, but there's really nothing that can be done about it. Looks like I'll be taping it. Luckily, it's at the tip of the toe and not where the toe connects to my foot. Hopefully after a couple of days it will be okay...trying to stay positive! I had to break from my usual running because of midterms and was just starting back last night. Oh well...
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    i would run
    but thats me.
    wild and crazy.
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. Last weekend my kiddo accidently pushed over a chair, which landed on my toe. I went to the Dr. because the blood was building up and causing pressure under my toe nail...end of story, the big toe is broken. It's very frustrating because it isn't too bad until I try to workout! I've been walking slowly outside.

Hope you heal quickly.