Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

For those who did/do PX90 or programs like that

Well it’s NOT PX90 but its supreme 90 day. For those who did or doing it now do you just do the program itself OR do the program along with the gym or other exercises?? I am just wondering because I am going to start Supreme 90 day when I get my stability ball in the mail. I am so VERY excited to start!!

Replies

• felipejose74
    felipejose74 Posts: 21 Member
    I don't know about your particular program, but I'm in the middle of P90X right now which is a 6 day a week HIGH INTENSITY program. My 7th day is for 3 hours of college-level baseball so there's no real reason to do anything else.
  • IAmPersuaded
    IAmPersuaded Posts: 48 Member
    I am currently doing P90X again and only do the program. It is enough!
  • conidiring
    conidiring Posts: 230 Member
    I've done both P90X and Supreme 90 day. Supreme 90 has much shorter workouts 30-40 minutes, where as P90x were all around an hour. I did do additional exercise with both, but I'm crazy. Of the two it would be much easier to do additional exercise with the Supreme 90, in my opinion. Good luck, they're fun work outs but good also!
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,290 Member
    I've done Insanity previously and loved it, but added in trails with my pups and this go around, I'm going to keep a lifting schedule.

Listen to your body and it'll tell you what you need to do. If the first 90 day (or so, sometimes we need more time!!) round you decide to just do that, you're good! A heart rate monitor is a great investment if you don't already own one. It'll help you see how hard you really are working, too.
  • nikkiej2012
    nikkiej2012 Posts: 236 Member
    ok thanks everyone i just dont want to do to much you know and get hurt. good job all or you for doing what you are doing to get/and stay n shape...o yes and i just got a HRM i love that darn thing...but thanks again for the tip and advice !!!!!!!!!!
  • chymerra
    chymerra Posts: 212
    P90x (or any of the BB programs) are geared so that you don't have to do anything else but that program. i did p90x, insanity, asylum etc and followed the program... i only started to do hybrid programs after i hit my fitness goals and wanted more of a challenge.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    I have done Supreme 90 and I loved it. I would start out just doing the program if you have not been exercising regularly. I was exercising before I started it but the program was more intense than I had previously been doing. As I got in better shape I added in a little extra cardio on short days of the program.
  • With p90x even the super fit people on the video are often pushed by the workout so it's not usually necessary for anyone trying to get back in shape to do more. Most people saying they need more are either have phenomenal strength and endurance already, are doing the exercises wrong or with low intensity, are doing the workout over an extended period of time, or are simply not completing all the exercises at maximum reps.