Question for you moms out there...

Options
First off, I have almost lost all of my weight...yay! I was 204lbs when I gave birth to my last son on November 18th, and today I stepped on the scale and it said 148.4!! I have worked very diligently since January 2nd. I am almost to my goal weight. I look in the mirror and I like what I see for the most part...but I HATE my stretch marks. I want to buy myself a cute bathing suit for this summer but I don't want a one piece, either. I want to show off my hard work, but these stretch marks are hideous. I was wondering what you are all going to do? Does tanning help make them less visible? I know there are probably no magic potions out there that will help (wait..are there?!?!) but I just want to be proud of this new body of mine and these stretch marks on my belly are making it very difficult.

Replies

• TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    They will fade with time but, no, there is no magical cure for them. I haven't worn a bikini since I was 17 (I had my daughter when I was 18). While my stomach is almost flat...I refuse to show the stretch marks and loose skin. I do rub olive oil on my skin and I believe that it has helped make them less noticeable. Sorry, hun.
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    The way I see it, we've got two options.

1. Hide

2. Be proud of our stretch marks! We are Mommies! We are not alone! We MADE people! Go us!

I still don't know which option I'll choose - I'm not at my goal weight yet - but I hope it will be to be proud. I don't usually give a rats *kitten* what people think of me anyway lol. It probably helps that I'm pasty white in August because I simply can't tan - I already stick out!
  • SkyeBows
    SkyeBows Posts: 80
    Options
    First off I want to say congrats!!!! I had my son November 27th (my second) and I went from 140 to 186 and since having him I having only lost a whopping 10 pounds and thats actually trying!! I will tell you with my first I had tons of stretch marks and saggy skin I lost just about all my weight before 6 months and about a year after is when everything started firming back up an dyes tanning does help a little other then that just do a lot of cocoa butter and it will eventually get a little better... with this being my second and getting somewhat bigger I dont see it happenning for me especically since I cant even lose the dang weight!!
  • jessienicole05
    jessienicole05 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hello there,i can totally relate with you about the stretch marks! I have four kids so i have those and the lovely dimpled skin and don't know what to do about it.I did actually just read somewhere though that tanning does drastically help disguise the stretch marks and reduce the appearance of them but doesn't help fade them;that unfortunately comes with time. Eventually over time they turn flesh colored and blend in better to your skin, but they never go away completely. Hope this helps you out some! =)
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I hear Bio Oil can help with the stretch marks. You can find it at Walmart & Target for sure :)
  • BobbieJo_1977
    BobbieJo_1977 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    There are some great self tanners out there, just please don't get in the booth, I am speaking from experience. The spot on my leg is a glaring reminder as to why I don't go to the booths anymore. I started tanning after I lost the first 80#. While it made everything look better, in the end it wasn't. Be proud of what you've done, you've come a long way, stretch marks are battle scars to remind us where we've been. :happy:
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    Im not a mom but my wife uses Bio Oil and it actually works. They are very faint now. She's been using it for two months.
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i have 2 babies :) and i recently started selling avon, but i am not making a sales pitch! i bought their stretch mark smoother and it is REALLY helping. i never though ANYTHING would work, but i can see an amazing difference!! idk if they even sell it anymore.. i don't know if they make it, but if you are interested in purchasing some i could look into it for you.
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    I used Burt's Bees Belly Butter for mama's. It worked really well during and after my pregnancy. I haven't used it in a while and I probably should to see if it would help with my left over stretch marks from being sick. The other Burt;s Bees product I used was Burt’s Shea Butter décolleté Crème. I got that as a gift, so I'm not sure how much it is (I know the belly butter was pretty affordable.) It worked wonders too! I really love burt's bees!

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/811579/pregnancy_stretch_marks_product_review.html?cat=69

http://www0.epinions.com/review/Burt_s_Bees_Shea_Butter_Decollete_Creme_42381997/content_108416175748

I know once I was desperate for something quick (I think I was in Chicago on a trip and forgot my lotion.) And I picked up a burt's bees product with honey and shea butter. I liked that too! I think it was cheaper then both of the above too. But I would recommend the top two first...then this one.