5'10 and up girls

Options
Hi all im 5'11 and its always hard to find someone my heigth out there to share their stories with. For me its always "geez you way that much I didn't expect it" Whats everyone's weight and ideal weight as a tall female??

At my lowest I was 180 I would like to be probably 160ish but will have to see when I get there

Replies

• cnewlin86
    cnewlin86 Posts: 87
    Options
    I'm 5'9.5! AND I totally get the "I can't believe you weigh that much! You don't look it" At my lowest ever I was 126lbs in high school during cross country, dance and basketball. I was TOO skinny. I looked basically like bones! I like myself the most at 135-145. My heaviest was 186 and currently I am sitting at 165.6 according to the scale this morning. I've been using MFP for 56 days now.I used it before but quit. This time When I started I was 177.8. So I am working hard to lose the weight and my goal is to get back to the 140s!
  • niki87lewis
    niki87lewis Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hey! 5"10 here and large framed! I weight ALOT and always have! I think my lowest was around 140lb and I was like a twig. Not a good look. Goal atm I'd around 170 but to be honest my goal is more what measurements I am instead of weight :-)
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and my highest weight was 332. I am currently 214 and looking to get to 175. I might revise that number once I get there, but for now that's what I'm aiming for.
  • jess_goobie
    jess_goobie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    the 140s 150s seem pretty low. im at 222 right now and look ok. I have big hips and thighs, i dont think that will ever change. Dont get me wrong i stll got a good 50 to lose but how much more after that im not sure. the smallest pant size i have ever been was a 14 those darn hips and thighs get me though.
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I am close to 6" and at my lowest I was 130 just after HS (cross country, softball, swimming, etc) then I got preggers with my first and my doctor told me I would NEVER see 130 again, that I was under weight for my height/stature. He was right! I gained 65 lbs with my first and lost all but about 15 lbs and consistently stayed around 145-150 until getting preggers with my second 7 years later and again gaining close to 65, this time around I didn't lose majority of the weight. Went down to about 180, but because of our height, we carry it well so you'd never guess.....My heaviest was 236, I was well on my way last summer to keeping with a program then I shattered my right ankle and had reconstructive surgery in June. My doctor just released me for physical activity, yet still no high impact. I still have all the hardware in my ankle and it swells up like the good year blimp after every workout, but it doesn't hurt or bother me during or after just stiff. My current weight is 220, and my goal would be to get to around 170 CUT & TONED! I am dying to try cross fit, but can't do the high impact stuff yet, so I am stuck on the elliptical and spinning bike and still trying to throw in some cross fit exercises like planks, burpees, etc....:yawn:
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    i am 6 feet, i'm 180 pounds and no one believes it.
    i would like to be 170 but my body and frame do not support it. I can GET to that weight but i can not maintain it unless i eat nothing and work out a lot....
    so 180 it is.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    5'11, 34 years old, and I'm teetering around 150. I got down to 144 and it was too low. I like what I see and feel like now and wish to stay here for the long haul. I'm in a size 6 pants, Small tops. My "normal" weight is around 170, my high was 190, and this is my lowest ever weight for adulthood.
  • MariaAkeroyd
    MariaAkeroyd Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 10. My lowest weight was in high school 118 (track & gymnastics).
    I started MFP at 145, but it was a "soft 145". I have lost 16 pounds and currently weigh 129, which is fine, but now want to start toning/adding muscle. Not sure what my final weight will be. I just want to be tone, healthy and not jiggle!! :smile:
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 and I have gotten to 186, then fell a little off track, would like to get to 175. I started at 320, so I will see how it is at that weight, but I am more worried about my pants size most of the time anymore. I have been at a size 10 for a long time now...from 22. I never thought I would see a 14, so you would think I would be happy, but I kinda want to get to the 8. I think that will be good for me. I stopped telling people my weight, I get the "no way" a lot. I went with telling them how much I lost instead. It makes me feel like my accomplishment is nothing when people think I weigh less than I do, like I need to get to the number others think I should be. My doctore actually gave me the goal weight of 182....not sure how she came up with that, but she did some calculations and that is what she came up with.
  • justoutaluck
    justoutaluck Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10". When I started MFP Jan. 24th I was 255lbs.. currently I am 239. My lowest was about 175. I was happy there. According to the medical charts I have seen, my ideal weight is between 130 and 160. I dont think I would want to get to 130 being 5'10". My goal right now is 175.. if and when I reach that, then I may go for 150. feel free to add me if you would like some extra support from someone in the same boat. :) Good luck!
  • FireEngineRedHead
    FireEngineRedHead Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    5'11" And I'm SO sick of hearing "You don't look like 185!" ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?! I look like a cow on a mcdonalds diet.
  • Bells89
    Bells89 Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm almost 6'0 and I'm currently at 183. I started at 208 which was my heaviest ever. I'm starting to feel comfortable now but my goal is to be around 160. My lowest ever, my last year of high school, was about 140 but looking back at pictures I think I look sick, which I was. I lost weight on weight watchers and got stressed at losing every week and started throwing up. Now I'm trying to lose the healthy way! I work out, eat around 1400 calories a day (except one cheat day on the weekends) and I fast 2 days a week. I've lost 14 pounds in the past 6 weeks so I feel really good!

I think I would be comfortable anywhere between 160-170. I'd rather be 170 and toned than 160 and bony, but that's just me. I've got big boobs and wide hips so I know i'll never be under 140 and honestly, it probably wouldn't look too good on me.
  • cougar2007
    Options
    6'0" here and 160. My most was 165 and my lowest was 130 when I was 16. My boyfriend weighs 180 and can't believe we are close in weight. "Thanks baby that makes me feel so special" :/
  • OldvsNew
    OldvsNew Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello All!! I have been a NON-active member of MFP for almost a year, but have not taken this journey very seriously. Oh how things have changed. I want this change. I NEED this change. now I'm in the frame of mind to make the sacrifices and hold myself accountable in order to finally see this weight disappear. Coming from a family of non-supporters, I need all the help from you guys that I can get!! HELP!!!
  • laceylucas86
    Options
    I am 6 foot 2 and I currently weight 150 lb afet a 38 lb weight loss, I was 189 at my biggest, still didn't look 'fat' most people can't beliece I had that much to loose, looking back now it's kinda like where was it all? that's damn near 40 lbs! lol happy at 150 :) trying to maintane now!
  • jess_goobie
    jess_goobie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Im just happy that im tall when it comes to weight cuz if I was 5'6 and at my weight now i would look A LOT bigger!!
  • amazon35
    amazon35 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm 6ft tall and currently 325 I started at 356. My lowest weight was in HS which was 225 size 12. I naturally have a large frame so I didn't look like I weighed that much. All I know is I LOOOONG for 225 again. I know I'll get there!
  • MissJen84
    MissJen84 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm 6ft and 204, I have been as much as 225 and as little as 165. My goal weight is 175 now. I'm 28 and in the dfw area. Is anyone else live around here? Any one feel free to add me! Always looking for new friends and motivation :)