T.H.E Team Starting fresh wk3

Options
Hello all and welcome to the "T.H.E" Group. It stands for "Trying Hard Everyday". Not just some days... but everyday. We can't pick and chose what days... we take life everyday... one day at a time and that's how we take our new healthy lifestyle-one day at a time.

"We learn wisdom from failure much more than success. We often discover what we will do, by finding out what we will not do."
Samuel Smiles

Everyone body is different. What works for you might not work for the next person. We all have our failures. We support each other here.

Our weeks begin on Tuesday. We check in on Fridays. A new thing that we're hoping to do is after you check in, tell us one thing you did that helped you or hurt you with your check in stats. It could be taking an extra walk, declining a second helping of food... if you gained, what might have caused you to gain? We need to start reflecting and and get it all out there....

But come Tuesday, it's a brand new week. No more beating yourself up if you gained... that was the week before and this is a new week... So you have a few days to reflect and vent if you need too... You won't get put down for venting here....

This is how we would like to post our stats. It is very easy for everyone to see with out having to really search through all the posts. So we post like this on Friday...

Pawprint-sw178,gw130,cw136 Loss of *_* pounds (or gain)

sw=starting weight.
gw=goal weight
cw=current weight

Remember you don't need to post your weight until Friday unless you want too.

"No road is too long for him who advances slowly and does not hurry, and no attainment is beyond his reach who equips himself with patience to achieve it."
Jean de La Bruyère

Remember this is a fun group. We're here to support each other.

Replies

• nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kelly for the new link.. As always you do a great job.....
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    Thanks. I'm always on the computer wasting time so I figure I should just go ahead and do it ya know? Plus I enjoy it and it's fun.
  • pamh5555
    pamh5555 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    pamh5555-sw215,gw125,cw194.5 Loss of *20.5* pounds
  • acivitarese
    acivitarese Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am new, is there something specific I need to do to join this group? I like the idea of posting each friday, it will be a good acountability measure for myself.
  • BridgetE
    BridgetE Posts: 10
    Options
    Can I join your group? It looks like one with lots of great support.
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    Anyone can join. There is nothing you have to really do except try and support others. We're all here for each other.
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Pawprint-I hope you are feeling better. Thanx for the new link. :bigsmile:

Welcome to the newbies. You will see tomorrow that we weigh in and copy and paste our weight with everyone else's for our own post. I didn't understand it at first, but once I saw how they were doing it, it made total sense. LOL

I wish you both the best of luck in your journey to a happier and healthier lifestyle. :bigsmile:
  • nitag
    Options
    Welcome to all the new members..

Most of us are on facebook and support each other that way too...

my email to find and add me is nitagnelson@juno.com
    just make sure you put a note on the request about MFP or I won't accept it....

Today has been a good day... I got in a good 30 min cardio workout and later on I am going to the gym to workout with my personal trainer.. I am really sore.. but it does feel good in a weird way.. Last night my legs were noodles and I could hardly walk but it will be worth it in the long run...

I do have my days were I stress eat but I am trying to get those under control.. I am new at staying home, first time since I was 20 that I haven't had a job.. I am looking for a part time job but those are far and few between... I am getting so bored.. I do have the cleanest house in town though : ).....

I have met some really great people here.. A few that I am glad to say are good friends... You girls know who you are..

Jennifer I do want to say that I love your posts.. I like reading them and they have been helpful.... You do have a lot of knowledge..

Off to read now..

Good luck all and good luck tomorrow..

anita
  • ragarza1
    ragarza1 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hey guys so i weighed in *sigh*:grumble: :grumble: :grumble: it was an interesting week needless to say i slacked off on everything my head just wasn't in the game this week mostly because we did some preppin on our big move in september. but a new week is starting and and now i can get back to me. hope it goes well :) hoping everyone else in the group has some success this week! *fingers crossed*:flowerforyou:

ragarza1~sw: 160/gw: 135/cw: 158
  • acivitarese
    acivitarese Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I weighed in this morning ( I like the idea of every Friday, hopefully it will keep me off the scales during the week.)

Although I signed up for the site months ago I only updated my info a couple of times so starting this week it is all brand new.

Ragarza1... don't get to discouraged. This week may not have been great for you but your overall weight is still down from your starting weight. I a m sure that the coming week will be better for you!

acivitarese - sw156, gw125, cw154 Loss of *2* pounds
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127
    Options
    egam- sw 205; gw 185; cw 197 same

I know I stayed the same for the second week in a row, but I'm actually pretty proud of that. My life right now....well...it's brutal. My mom has been sick and off work for a month, and my sister and my dad are great, but not when it comes to taking care of sick people or doing the housework. So all of the cooking, shopping, cleaning and ironing has been on me. Plus my friend is in a coma in the hospital and he lives in the states, so I can't be there with him. And to top it all off, it's exam week and I'm seriously stressed about gettting a summer job, because if I don't I can't go back to school in september. I only got one work out in this week. So staying at 197 is okay for this week. I'm really looking forward to getting back to running, yoga and ballet this week.

I hope this week was alittle easier for the rest of you!
    All my love!
  • SexyIsPainful
    SexyIsPainful Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    tmjack3326 ~ sw180, gw140, cw175 LOSS of *5* pounds

I cheated somewhat..... I had a colon cleanse this week however in order to prepare for the "new" me - I had to get rid of the "old" me. The plan is to do treatments for 6 weeks. It is suppose to help with weight loss, skin problems, gas & bloating, high blood pressure just to name a few.... So overall - it was a good cheat!

Have a great weekend T.H.E family - Happy Losing!
  • BridgetE
    BridgetE Posts: 10
    Options
    bridgete sw 222, gw 160, cw 215 loss of *7* pounds

Hi Everyone,

My name is Bridget, I live in Maryland. I have a blended family with 5 kids, two live in FL, ages from 20 to 5. Just really trying to lose weight to be healthy. Tired of having no energy and generally feeling like crud. :)

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Have a great day!
  • nitag
    Options
    nitag - SW 230/GW 145/CW 205 - = + 1 lb... ugggg

Okay, so I had one really bad day and only one.. I will get through this.. they all say the 2nd week is the hardest.. I am going to really watch it this week and try to drink more water....

Kinda a little frustrated but I am not going to let it get me down at all.. I am going to continue on....

Congrats everyone...

Anita
  • kimmrdodge
    kimmrdodge Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    kimmrdodge sw: 261.5 gw: 125 lw: 147.5 cw: 146 (loss of 1.5lbs)

Well, I'm a little disappointed in only losing a pound and a half but I did wake up this morning swollen, dry mouth, and not real clear urine, so maybe I'm a little dehydrated from yesterday (my first exercise day). I drank more water than usual but I guess it still wasn't enough. I also have this horrible headache which is starting to subside. Also TOM just left today so maybe that had something to do with it too.

So as for exercising, since yesterday was my first day and I'm sore should I maybe just walk today and do the video the next day? Or should I endure the pain and go ahead and do it today? Just not sure what to do being new at activity. I don't want to overdue it but if its better to push through and continue I will, If it's better to wait I'm good with that too. What do you all think? Until I get a gym membership I am going to try to do 30 day shred just to start things off, it was hard as heck but I did push through it. I had a hard time walking for about an hour after my muscles just wanted to give in on me. But no pain no gain right? It must have helped because all week I had been showing at 2-3 lbs up until I weighed in this morning. Could be a coincidence I don't know.

Anyways, enough about me how are you girls doing?

Welcome Bridget, and congrats on the 7lb loss!!! Congrats to everyone else on thier loses and those that didn't loose it's OK its a new week and I feel next week will be incredible :flowerforyou:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Well, it is Friday!!! WHOOOHOOO!!! Two whole days to kick this workout into high gear. have to say I am very proud of myself. I have worked out 7 days in a row and have not eaten one thing bad for me. I feel great, no, I take that back. I FEEL AWESOME!!! Who knew that the nutrition guide would be right. HAHA I have 6 days left of Insanity. I am so excited. I think when I am done, I will then do my Shakeology cleanse. I am getting so close to my weight loss goal I can taste it. Maybe this cleanse is the ticket to lossing the rest. We shall see.

Tonite is Cardio Conditioning and Cardio Abs. I now wish I would have ordered the Deluxe package, but I guess I can't complain since I am feeling awesome with the program.

Wedding plans are kinda falling into place this week. I have talked to my cake lady and have booked the reception hall. Two more things to check off. AH!!! Now, working on the guest list. Invitations??? UGH!!! Another expense. What is this world coming to? LOL

Have a beautiful weekend.

kimmrdodge sw: 261.5 gw: 125 lw: 147.5 cw: 146 (loss of 1.5lbs)
    jjtonic75 sw: 206.8 gw: 155.0 cw: 165.8 loss of 3 pounds from last week :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    nitag-Great job getting your workout in yesterday. I know we all have our days where we don't want to. My trick, at least do the warmup and more than likely you will finish the workout. Keep up the AWESOME job. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Hey guys so i weighed in *sigh*:grumble: :grumble: :grumble: it was an interesting week needless to say i slacked off on everything my head just wasn't in the game this week mostly because we did some preppin on our big move in september. but a new week is starting and and now i can get back to me. hope it goes well :) hoping everyone else in the group has some success this week! *fingers crossed*:flowerforyou:

Hang in there. We all have those weeks. A new week is upon us. Have a beautiful weekend. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options

That is fantastic!!! :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options

I know I stayed the same for the second week in a row, but I'm actually pretty proud of that. My life right now....well...it's brutal. My mom has been sick and off work for a month, and my sister and my dad are great, but not when it comes to taking care of sick people or doing the housework. So all of the cooking, shopping, cleaning and ironing has been on me. Plus my friend is in a coma in the hospital and he lives in the states, so I can't be there with him. And to top it all off, it's exam week and I'm seriously stressed about gettting a summer job, because if I don't I can't go back to school in september. I only got one work out in this week. So staying at 197 is okay for this week. I'm really looking forward to getting back to running, yoga and ballet this week.

All my love!

Staying the same during a stressful week is great. You definitely have alot on your plate. I will pray for you and your family and friend. Keep up the workouts, they will help with the stress. Good luck on your exams. :bigsmile: