Good bye Wheat..Good bye Weight for me!

Options
I have really been struggling with trying to get these lbs off. I read "WheatBelly" by William Davis MD. To say it was eye opening is an understatement. Since cutting out wheat 10 days ago and eating Clean...basically the outside of my grocery store I have lost 4.1 lbs. I feel so much better, sleep better..etc.
Anyone else out there reading or have read WheatBelly????

Replies

• astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    You lost water weight - that will happen when you cut carbs suddenly...As for the book, I've read it - he's over simplifying things and does not support his own claims... Interesting review here.... http://noglutennoproblem.blogspot.ca/2012/03/wheat-belly-busted.html
  • Fit_French
    Fit_French Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I havent read the book but i follow the Paleo lifestye, so I dont eat grains either.The only big thing I noticed was my bloated belly was gone and Im still readily losing weight
  • mystina5
    mystina5 Posts: 5
    Options
    I am eating clean and adding in Paleo breads. I have found that I feel so much better, not sluggish, can get up easily in the morning, don't have the carb/sugar crashes etc. I have known for a while now that Carbs and I don't mix well..If
    those are the only benefits of wheat free...I will take it! Yes and my bloated belly is gone!
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I actually just bought it today for my Kindle and have just read a few pages.

I, personally, would like to cut grains out of my diet totally. Not because I believe gluten is inherently bad, nor because I want to follow a low carb diet, nor because I think eliminating a food group will cause magical changes that eating less and moving more can't provide. They're simply a trigger food for me. If I want a snack at night, for example, if I get a serving of pretzels it always turns into 3 servings. If I get a piece of fruit or a piece of string cheese, I stop after one, satisfied. Outside of the occasional serving or two of rice during a sushi meal (not giving up my nigiri!) it's easier for me if I just deny myself the option. I believe whole-heartedly in "everything in moderation," unless you cannot stay within the limits of "moderation."

So, anyway, enough about me. I'm reading it because since I've made this decision to eliminate grains, I'm interested in what he's claiming will happen, and I want to see if any of it does hold true for me. I don't know that I buy into the whole "genetic modifications in wheat have caused the human body to reject it" claim, but I try to keep an open mind and at least read/hear what people have to say and try to get multiple perspectives before I form my own conclusions.
  • mystina5
    mystina5 Posts: 5
    Options
    I feel the same way Barbie...One serving turns into...fill in the blank! I have found also that since I have not eaten wheat that I also don't crave it! I have coffee with a friend at a bakery every Wednesday. Previously when walking in I would not be able to walk out without having something! I don't believe that it is persistance or will power...I just don't want it.