What is going on with my scale!?

Options
I've got about 80 more pounds to lose, and have lost about 47 so far. I have been feeling great, hitting the gym hard, started P90x a few weeks ago, in general just feeling awesome. Last week I had a particularly good loss week and lost 4 pounds.

This week, however, I gained two? I stepped up my running (longer distances) this week, and my strength seemed to take a jump in the P90x workouts and I was able to lift more than I have in the past and was therefore more sore than usual for the next two days.

Why does the scale want to torture me?? I have not changed my eating and have been spot on all week.

Replies

• slugphat
    slugphat Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Body composition is changing I'd stay away from the scale for a while and start using other means of tracking improvement like body fat % for example.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Je2VUEy.jpg

Seriously step away from the scale. Weight loss is not linear and as long as your diet is on track you will be losing weight and or inches. So weigh yourself less. Plus weight gain is really common when starting new fitness programs because your body needs to adjust.