Diabetic Pals

Options
Hi. I have Type 2 Diabetes and dependent on insulin. I started MFP just about 3 weeks ago, and have already lost weight! That's really exciting right there! Anyway, since starting MFP, my blood sugars have been getting a lot better. Since they have, I was able to lower lantus from 80 units a night to 70 units a night. I decided on how much humalog to take based off my blood sugar reading before I eat, and usually don't need to take any. My doctor is ok with that. She's proud of me too! My goal through this, is to get off insulin completely.

So, if you have either Type 1 or Type 2 Diabetes and want to be my friend, send me a friend request! I would be interested to know how you handle your blood sugars when they get too low or two high while trying to lose weight at the same time.

Replies

• retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Join us in the "Type 2 Diabetes Support Group" if you'd like. Lots of good information can be found there.
  • LisaDec1969
    LisaDec1969 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Good job I too am diabetic , I just take metformin (pills) my blood sugars have been awesome since I started my journey...So good I have stopped taking 2 of the 4 pills a day. When I have my Lows I just drink 1/2 cup orange juice ..
  • carolemorden9
    carolemorden9 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Thanks for letting me know about the Type 2 Diabetic Support Group, retiree2006! I've joined!
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I also have Type2, for about 7 years now. I have definitely noticed a change since I have been eating healthier and exercising. I am going to send you a friend request.

I'll see you on the Support Group! You can do this!!!
  • alsoagood1
    alsoagood1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    fellow Type 2 here. I'm 55 and was diagnosed about 4 years ago. I take metformin and glyburide besides exercise and diet. My numbers were consistantly in the 200's until I started here .... this morning it was 71 and I've felt great since I've started losing a little weight. Add me if you'd like....I'm also a member of the diabetes group...and I like the way you spell your name!!

I'm Carole too!!
  • wilwalk7
    wilwalk7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello My name is Will, and I'm a type 2 diabetic. I was diagnosed about 18 months ago during a routine physical for a new job. This is my second stint with MFP. I currently take metformin and glymperide. This is the end of my first week. I'm looking forward to chatting with others and exchanging food ideas and coping techniques. I find it very difficult to find the right snacks between meals and workouts.