Breaking up with my scale..

Options
Well, it's not officially over.

When I started, I was pritty good about doing the whole once a week weigh-in, but then you guys know how it goes...Me and the scale really started connecting:heart: and I started weighing myself everyday:blushing: .. Then I started weighing myself umpteen times a day..:noway:

Well.. I'M OVER IT! :explode:

So here's the deal. I'm going back to once a week. The date with my scale is every Friday. I know the scale is gonna miss me real bad and I'll be thinking of it too, but I think this will be better for the both of us..:brokenheart:

Do you guys think I should weigh-in before or after I work out in the morning. I work out at like 5:50am for like an hour. I know to weigh myself after my first BM, but do you think it would be kinda cheating if I do it after a workout? I will be drinking water too.

Opinions are very welcome.:drinker:

love and light. xo

Replies

• surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Working out and drinking water are both variables that can change from day to day (or in this case Friday to Friday). I would do it before. And god I wish I could break up with my scale, especially when it treats me like crap!
  • auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Funny thing is I gained 3 pounds after my cycle workout yesterday morning. I'm also feeling the urge to break up with my scale! That's a funny way to put it! I watch the scale go up and down up and down and it drives me nuts! So I am also going to weigh in on Fridays. I'm going to follow this post because I too do a cardio workout on Friday mornings....I think it might be cheating to weigh after. I'm going to check it out tomorrow and see if there's a difference!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I'm always heavier after a workout ... I keep hydrated, lol.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Definitely before. You drink and sweat during a work out so your weight is going to fluctuate. The best reading will be after you've gone to the bathroom, before you've eaten anything, in the morning, naked.
  • princess_in_power
    princess_in_power Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm a once a dayer.

My weight stays pretty much the same and I always weigh the least in the morning when I first get up.

I use it to track what my body likes and what it doesn't! lol

I know the biggest factor for me is to eat before 8pm and if I can go walk before bed, that just lowers my number even more!

What I can't get it to do is DROP! for crying out loud! lol It is sticking to 160.6-161.6 and refuses to budge any lower. For over 4wks!!!
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I normally weigh in every Friday BEFORE my 40 minute cardio workout. I do it before I eat or drink any thing. I also try to wear as little clothes as possible but the scale is in the actual gym, not the ladies locker room. I also try to...uh..."go" before I hop on the scale. Once a week gives me something to look forward to on Fridays.
  • libra1021
    libra1021 Posts: 19
    Options
    I feel you on the scale. No matter what I do I can't make it love me back. :ohwell:

A break up sounds good...... not as good as filing a restraining order on it though. :brokenheart:
  • Relaeh
    Relaeh Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I would love to do the same! But can't :sad:
    I always weigh after a BM...Friday is my day, too...I'm scared! :explode:
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    It sounds like the best time is gonna be before the work out.. I haven't been on the scale in a week! I'm so anxious to see what it says! I just want it to move down tomorrow!!:grumble: But I've been good all week and been drinking my 8+ glasses of water a day.. Wish me luck! Thanks guys!!:flowerforyou:
  • kimmrdodge
    kimmrdodge Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Oh how I wish I too could break up with my scale. I said when I started this time that I would not look at the scale more than once a week, on Friday's. But this past week I have been peeking. Probably not the week to peek as it is TOM. I need to get back to not looking, I think it is what caused me to stop for a while last time. I think for some people looking at the numbers too much is does more damage than good.
  • SewRue
    SewRue Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I feel you pain! I was meeting with scale about 5 times a day. But the weird thing is once I started weighing myself once a week, I fell off track. I kept telling myself that I can just make up for it another day. Something was not connecting. I know, I know, I'm doing a very bad thing by weighing myself once a day, but I'd rather do that than fall off the wagon again. I'm willing to give my more of a chance than I would a boyfriend! :laugh: I understand that it's wrong to weigh myself everyday but at least it's no 4 or 5 times again!
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Actually that's why I started weighing myself more.. Because I buy Fitness Mag and I was reading that people who weigh themselves once a day tend to stay on track more. I'm up to like 105 days track on here consecutively and have been addicted to this site since July '09..

It has begun to get "harder" to lose the weight because I've lost so much of it.. And looking at that same number fluctuate everyday was getting a lil discouraging.. Not enough to bump me off by any means.. This is a lifestyle change for me.. I am not DIEting..

I am concerned about my number, but not enough to check it every day now.. When I first started it was like 2-3 pounds going down all the time and that's when I started weighing myself everyday because I was amazed. :noway: and that's wherre I got sucked in..

Now, I look good enough not to bee so nutzo about the number and more concerned with the health aspect, but that number was still bringing me down a lil too. So, I'll think about the number all week and kick-*kitten* and just do the best I can and enjoy the ride.

You all have some amazing opinions. I love MFP and all it's member's.. We seriously make this a killer site.
  • Bee28
    Bee28 Posts: 99
    Options
    congrats on breaking up with your scale... thats a big move and something I can't do yet!! lol I will keep trying but hooray for you!