eating out every night w family?

Dreamerlove
Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
What do you do when once a year your family takes the same beach trip to the same hotel and every night you eat the same foods.....
Monday is pizza night (same place for 10 years)

Tue is golden corral night

Wed is Mexican

Thur is seafood (which I can find something healthy)

and they want to eat Dairy Queen like 2x's out of the week...

This is our family tradition that we have done for almost ten years, but now the foods are catching up with m.e I have had a BAD BAD week and ate fast food twice, BUT that is the first time in a whole month and I have lost 8 pounds. My body cannot take eating these foods every night of the week. I am trying to get down to 115-120 by June 21 and I am 146 now. What should I do when it becomes dinner time? My family will just say O' you can eat who cares, they will not cater to just my needs and go somewhere else to eat, and I don't want to attend but not eat??? any advice?

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    You do your best to make healthy choices, walk as much as possible if you can't sneak in a work out and then work your *kitten* off when you get home. :happy:

Pizza - pizza places should have salads, have 2 slices and a salad
    Mexican - fajitas w/ corn tortillas. avoid sour cream, chips and rice
    Seafood - easy!! :) avoid fried foods, biscuits/rolls and creamy or starchy foods
    Dairy Queen - chicken sandwich, eat half or maybe a salad (pretty sure DQ has salads)
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    YIKES.

That being said, this MIGHT be doable if you have willpower and portion control. Pizza is not death. Take a look in the food database and you will see that if you stick cheese or veggie it's manageable. I loathe golden corral so I couldn't even tell you what options you have there. Mexican - avoid the chips, get some chicken fajitas maybe? Seafood - you got it covered. Dairy Queen - are we talking food or ice cream? If it's food, I think they have those panini sandwiches now that are something like 300 cal. If ice cream, do they still carry non-fat frozen yogurt?

All is not lost. Just rember, that date you have set (and I'm guessing it's something big) is two months away!
  • kimberly428
    kimberly428 Posts: 237
    WOW, I couldn't imagine eating out that much...
    Hmmm, have you been keeping all your other meals very low calories to help compensate? Check this site out, it has a lot of the restaurant and item break downs so you can get an idea of what is better to order.

http://www.dwlz.com/restaurants.html

Good luck!
  • mictur
    mictur Posts: 175 Member
    When I eat out I stick with 4-6 oz. protein, 1 cup of fast carbs, 1 cup or more of slow carbs. Fast carbs are rice, coucous, bananas, potaotes, slow carbs veggies and fruit in the berry family.:flowerforyou: Most important enjoy your time with your family.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    The best thing to do is plan ahead of time. Google the place and calories to see if you can find something that will fit in your calories. You can always eat before you go out and just have tea or whatever when you go.

If flying blind, you can do the salad thing but be sure to leave out the cheese and croutons, and stay clear of the creamy dressings. When something is grilled, make sure you know what it's grilled with and ask for the sauces on the side ... and always ask for veggies without butter. Pizza is really great without cheese; I once had a pizza party and ordered a garden pizza without cheese for myself and it was nearly done by the time I had a chance to have any.
This discussion has been closed.