I haven't been to the gym in a decade

Options
I joined a gym today. I figured it out to find time twice a week. I'm a little nervous.
I feel like I'm in pretty good shape, I manage to work the very physical jobs where I work at least a couple times a week, but it's not consistant. Even the lady I signed up with remembered me from our "health fair" at work because of my arms. It's just been so long since I've actually been to the gym. I feel silly even being as nervous as i am. I just had to get that out. I'm paying for the next year so I've got to Make myself go now!

Replies

• carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    i love going to the gym. Its so fun! Ive been going pretty consistently for about 13 years and still there are some machines that I just dont know how to use, or exercises i am not sure i am doing correctly.

Dont be nervous, have fun!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Nothing has changed in the decade you've been gone. Weights are still heavy and treadmills still have a track. No reason to be nervous at all. Go. Now.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I joined a gym a month ago. I'd never set foot in one ever. A decade for you? almost 38 years for me.....

thing is...I didn't even need to join one at all.