What was / is the most you can eat?

Options
Say you were at an All you Can Eat buffet...!
How many plates (and what on them) would you consume THEN and NOW?

Then-
Happily eat 3 Whole plates of Chinese Buffet. Noodles, Fried Rolls, Fried Chicken, Oily Curry / Sauces, Prawn Crackers, Soup for a starter. THEN Ice Cream after it.

Now-
1 Large plate filled with Vegetables. Broccoli, Mushroom and Chicken with Boiled Rice. Maybe something naughty like Calamari because I'll be exercising on my Bike when I get home. Fresh Fruit for Desert.

What about you guys?

Replies

• 0xbalthamosx0
    0xbalthamosx0 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Then
    - two plates of food, then a desert

Now
    - two plates of food, and then a desert

Im going to a buffet for a reason, haha! <3
  • EatYourVeg
    Options
    Then
    - two plates of food, then a desert

Now
    - two plates of food, and then a desert

Im going to a buffet for a reason, haha! <3
    Haha would you not change what you put on your plate? <3
  • MommyonAmissontoHealth13
    Options
    just 2 and i havent nor would i go to one now.
  • 0xbalthamosx0
    0xbalthamosx0 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'd have anything not covered in sauce, mind you Buffets are full of MSG so I wouldn't go in the first place ><;!
  • leenamaria
    leenamaria Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    first forum post on mfp :) nervous...

then: 6 pieces of kfc chicken and 3 servings of fries.

now: satisfied with 3 pieces of chicken and 2 fries

its hard to train yourself to eat until you're satisfied and not bursting, i used to aim for the absolutely stuffed feeling but now i realise i can be happy with much less and still be full
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    Mmmmmmmmmm, calamari.......(drool).

I have totally gone of Chinese as it makes me feel eugh after (probably the MSG). I also have now got a peanut intolerance so try to avoid where possible.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    None, because I wouldn't go to a Chinese buffet... but I still quite happily eat as much when I go to my favourite Chinese restaurant but it's all freshly cooked with ingredients I have in my own kitchen.

I do tend to make healthier choices for takeaway but in terms of volume I eat a heck of a lot!
  • squinz
    squinz Posts: 136
    Options
    I would say I would probably eat the same! I eat more than usual at a meal out but probably a bit more restrained now I'm watching my weight.
  • shaunap3
    shaunap3 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hah! When I was a kid I used to go to buffets once or twice a year with this nice older lady I lived next to. I could put away the food. I remember eating 3 plates full, plus EVERY SINGLE DESSERT they had. Now days, I'd be lucky to finish a salad, maybe a few bites of something else and a little dessert. I kind of miss being able to just gorge myself. :p
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I still go for about 4-5 plates when I got to a buffet. I feel ripped off otherwise. :happy:

I hit the sushi first. Then the sushi again, and hopefully it's been "refreshed" since my last visit. Then some chicken and seafood and veg. Then some more chicken and seafood and veg. (I never really filled up on rice or noodles.) Then some dessert. And a fortune cookie.
  • Foxxy18
    Foxxy18 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Then- two heaping plates of Chinese deliciousness! With two glasses of coke.Then dessert. Like ice cream or something. And a fortune cookie.

Now- One balanced plate of food, at least 1/4 of it is veggies. Drinking WATER. Coke is so nasty. They use it to clean toilets, people!!
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    i can't eat any of that crap anymore just the looks of it gives me the runs.. drink one beer i am bloated like a chick. oh lord what have i done to my cast iron stomach :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Some highlights:

One slice short of an entire Bigfoot Pizza.
    23 hand rolls one day at lunch
    56 regular pieces of sushi one time at dinner
    32 oz T-Bone (plus trimmings) - that's not even that hard really
    Rodizio Steakhouse (90 minutes in the green - if you've been to a Brazilian steakhouse, you might know what that means - that's a crapload of meat)

....but the fullest I ever felt was in high school. A friend on the swim team was the son of the owner of the local McD's. They let us do an all-you-can-eat on the house at the end of the season.

I had 36 chicken nuggets, a bic mac, 2 large fries, an apple pie, a coke and a milkshake. OOF! I was only a Sophomore and only weighed about 115 at the time.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Oh, I still ~can~ eat like that, and sometimes do, but I do have the ability to hold back, and I only go "big" when I know I will have the time to work it off in the next few days.

Like tonight...

Going to Rodizio!!
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I used to eat 3 plates of food (especially Palaak Paneer) at an Indian buffet and then go out for a large hot fudge peanut butter sundae. Now I am happy with 1 plate and a small dab of frozen yoghurt with berries, choc chips, sliced almonds and walnuts-mmmmmm!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Nothing bigger than my head. :)
  • sarahb_1990
    sarahb_1990 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Then: Id eat till I couldn't eat anything else (2 plates and probably try 2 deserts)
    Now: I'm afraid to even step in a buffet! I'll gain my 5 pounds back in 1 sitting :(
    Maybe I'll treat myself when I get down to 125 and I'll take my food scale and measuring cup so I know EXACTLY how much i'm eating hahaha
  • skinnybitchbarbie27
    skinnybitchbarbie27 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Well I used to go to an all you can eat place and eat 4-5 plates full of food then a few desserts. I would literally be so full that I would want to throw up while I was waddling myself to my car.

Now I eat a big plate of salad and two plates of food normally but they aren't full. A few items here and there and I generally stay away from the fried stuff.

I used to have a regular meal that was - A double quarter pounder with cheese, large sized, with dr. pepper, 2 mcchickens and 2 double cheeseburgers on the side. I was a big eater.

I haven't had any fast food since August 25,2011.
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Ive never been able to eat much at one sitting. I can eat often though!
  • jdr0p_
    jdr0p_ Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    There are several $20/pp made-to-order all you can eat sushi places near me. Those are the only buffets I go to, and they aren't really buffet, but they will bring you plates as you order more food.

Then: Seaweed salad. Soup. Something fried (tempura or bbq something) Maki covered in rice and sauces, several rolls. Sake or two. Dessert.

Now: Mainly sashimi - still a hearty number of slices. Sake (still). Two scoops of red bean ice cream (instead of 4)