Baby Boomers Need Motivation Too!

Options
sansbuda
sansbuda Posts: 22 Member
I'm 62 and just recently joined MFP & find it quite motivating. I love seeing all the success stories but I'd really like to see some in my age bracket. Anybody out there care to chime in?

Replies

• JNALTBK
    JNALTBK Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi ... I'm 67 and have been a yo-yo dieter most of my adult life. I started my current weight loss journey two years ago at 221 lbs. and am currently 184, on my way to my goal of 155-160. I must admit it is more effort for less results now than it was when I was younger, but slow and steady wins the race. I decided this time I'm sticking with this because if I don't do it now, I never will. I already feel much less sluggish, and healthier .... and I'm sure I look better too. When I first started MFP, I was convinced that I'd never lose weight at my age, but things are definitely happening. I guess as we get a little older, we learn not to look for instant results and are more patient and forgiving of ourselves. Anyway, the important thing is to never give up ... make your health your number one priority ... and we can look forward to many many more years of enjoying happy productive lives. We're worth it!

P.S. What may be interesting is that the first year, I lost about 25 lbs. Very determined. Year two was mostly gaining and losing the same 10 lbs over and over and ending the year at the same weight as the beginning. Lost my motivation. So far this year, I've lost 12 lbs or so and am determined to keep going in the right direction. Year two was a real learning experience for me in that I found out I can't let things slide or I'll never reach my goal. I needed an attitude adjustment and hopefully I'm on the right path now. Good luck to you! You can do it!!
  • jackiep2439
    jackiep2439 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Im 49 and started in Feb. Haven't lost any weight after a month and Im getting a little discouraged. I could use some older friends who get it. LOL
  • Liongoddess
    Liongoddess Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 55.....started getting serious about eating healthier last July. I'm down 45 pounds from were I started.
  • Pamko57
    Pamko57 Posts: 182
    Options
    1957 model here, so near the end of the Baby Boom. (Demographically, the biggest year, though.) I love 128 pounds in 1996/97. Got married in 1999. G-R-A-D-U-A-L-L-Y put back on 70. Got serious about dropping the weight for good in November. I've lost 42 pounds since then, and I'd lost 13 in the year from November 2011 to November 2012.
  • sansbuda
    sansbuda Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for your responses. It is definitely harder for our 'more mature' bodies to shed the pounds. Jackie, I also started in February & have dropped a couple of pounds but I too expected more. It's too soon to get discouraged. I'm counting on this sight keeping me motivated. Nows the time to do this. We're only going to get older.:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!