Looking 4 Friends - Using MFP to NOT lose weight

Options
Meds and health issues create a lack of appetite and limited (VERY) food options. Lost alot of weight very quickly and really struggled to stabilize. Anyone out there with a similar struggle to maintain and not lose, I'd appreciate a pal that gets it.

Replies

• Showmm
    Showmm Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I'm not in the same boat, but I thought I'd bump this for you in the hopes more people would see it. Good luck! :smile:
  • shandi_b
    shandi_b Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm not in the same boat, but I used to work with a lady in the same boat as you (apart from the limited food options) she would be constantly eating to try and maintain. She was rail thin and had health issues such as high blood pressure.
    I've been recently diagnosed with quite a few food allergies (which I had suspected but have now been confirmed) and I am worried about what the effect on my weight will be....I've got a lot of weight to lose but will need to maintain at some stage. Happy to be a friend although I don't fit your current criteria...........I wish you all the best - it's not easy either way - maintaining or losing :(
  • wellness333
    wellness333 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Food allergies are really tough. Thankfully, I only have an issue with Gluten. I was diagnosed with Celiac and haven't had a tough time adjusting. I felt so much better so immediately that it was worth leaving the gluten behind. I found that eating clean really makes a difference when I first was diagnosed and I did indeed lose weight naturally.

My issues now are much different as my rapid weight loss was due to medications causing a loss of appetite. Metabolic anorexia the docs called it. I went on MFP at the recommendation of my nutritionist to stabilize my weight when I hit a point where I couldn't afford to lose any more and MFP helped me tremendously. Now diagnosed with Gallstones, I have to carve out the fat as well which leaves me afraid I'll spiral with more loss. SO, back to MFP for monitoring...

I wish you luck with your allergies and am sorry they're multiple. That does really complicate things in the kitchen. Again, think clean, think fresh and stay away from the processed snacks and goodies. They're really not good for you and they can be addictive, slowing down the weight loss.
  • wellness333
    wellness333 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm not in the same boat, but I thought I'd bump this for you in the hopes more people would see it. Good luck! :smile:

Very sweet; thank you!:smile: