Slim Fast or Special K?

Options
So I just started my new, healthier lifestyle. My roommate who I work out with is on the Medifast program. I don't have the money to buy all those meals but I do want to buy things from the grocery store that are targeted to help you lose weight. For those of you out there who know from experience, can you tell me which is more effective, Slim Fast, or Special K? Maybe there is something else out there you can suggest? Thank you in advance :)

Replies

• twinsmom7602
    twinsmom7602 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I lost 9 lbs doing a slim fast shake in the morning, a mid morning snack ( special K bar, chips, etc), a low cal lunch, a mid afternoon snack, (same kind), a low cal dinner, and a late evening snack, (same).... I only did cardio, ie: elliptical. A lot of people are nay sayers of these types of weight loss, as they have a ton of sugar, but it worked for me! Good Luck.
  • drosen32
    drosen32 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    What works for you depends on you. I suggest trying both and see what works. Or, alternate with the two. I have yogurt every morning and that seems to do it for me. I will say that exercise is what really helps me. I love to eat, so getting points for my biking allows me to eat more.

When I first started, it took a couple of weeks to see what worked for me. You'll go through that as well. Myfitnesspal works. Stick with it. I've been on it for about two months and have lost 15-16 lbs so far.

Good luck with your new lifestyle. You won't regret it one bit.
  • laura0001
    laura0001 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My best advice is to replace breakfast and/or lunch with a big smoothie instead. Blend several huge handfuls of greens (spinach, kale, lettuce, chard, etc), one or two bananas, a cup of frozen fruit, tablespoon of flaxseed, milk, or water till it blends. That way you're full for several hours, taking in a large amount of fruits and veggies, and not spending too much money. Like a previous poster said, there are a lot of sugars and additives to those diet programs.