Dessert

Options
I need a recipe for a dessert! I want something that I can eat though so it's not too high in calories...is it possible??:wink:

Replies

• angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Angel food cake with fresh berries & lite whipped cream.
    Or bake an angel food cake mix with one can crushed pineapple , no sugar added. Very yummy. :love:
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    How about sugar free instant chocolate pudding w/cool whip? Use 1% milk or fat free milk. Yummy, healthy and low calories.
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Try this website, someone posted it last night!

It breaks the calories and everything down for you!

www.eatbetteramerica.com/
  • price805
    price805 Posts: 20
    Options
    I have a cookbook called "Cook Yourself Thin" it has a ton of recipes with calories per serving from 150-350. Anything in particular you are interested in? Chocolately, Fruity, cookie, cake, brownie, cupcakes, etc. I'd be happy to type up one of the recipes and send it too you if there was something in particular that you wanted.
  • ericacamb
    Options
    This is one of my favorites:

Berry Berry Cobbler
    Ingredients
    - 2 bags (12oz) frozen mixed berries, partially thawed
    - ½ cup orange juice
    - 1 cup all-purpose or whole wheat pastry flour
    - ½ cup and 4 tablespoons sugar
    - 1 teaspoon baking powder
    - 3 egg whites
    - Vanilla ice cream
    Preparation
    Preheat over to 375 degrees
    Spread mixed berries in 9 x 13 baking dish. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of sugar on top.
    Mix orange juice, flour, ½ cup sugar, baking powder and egg whites together in medium bowl
    Drop 8 equal spoonfuls on top of berries in 2 rows of 4. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar on top
    Bake for 35 minutes or until cake is lightly browned. Serve with vanilla ice cream

Nutrition
    About 8 servings
    (if you use fat-free ice cream)
    Calories 165
    Calories from Fat 4%
    Fat <1 g
    Saturated Fat 0 g
    Fiber 4 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg
    Sodium 72 mg
    Protein 3 g
    Total Carbs 39 g
    Sugars 26 g
  • IceBerry
    IceBerry Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Angel Cake is to die for with berries mix or strawberry and fat free cool whip. If must have sugar with the fruits use splenda or tiva replac from regular sugar. without sugar is the best! You can also make smoothies! All natural fruits and bit of orange juice blend up with ice and top with fatfree coolwhip perfect for summer. Fat free Yogurt ice cream is another option. There is LOT desserts that is really good without too much calories in it.:wink:
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    How about sugar free instant chocolate pudding w/cool whip? Use 1% milk or fat free milk. Yummy, healthy and low calories.

I have both of these things...why I never thought about putting them together I don't know! It sound so good!
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Haagen Dazs Razberry Sorbert.

Not a lot of calories and no fat.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I had angel food cake last night with a tablespoon of warmed lemon curd and sliced fresh strawberries...amazing!
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    i just had a jello mousse cup! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wonderful....and they have 0 sugar and only 60 calories!
  • auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Price- I'm looking for something chocolately but baked...I want something homemade like from a cookbook. I have lots of WW cookbooks...or own lots but a neighbor has them and we don't talk that much so I haven't got them back. She came over and borrowed them like a year ago! oh well! Anything would be great!! thanks so much! y'all I love Angel food...especially with lemon curd but it's for a party so I kind of want to have finger food type things. I tried the angel food cookies but mine did not turn out so great...I put them in a big ball and ate the whole thing! THat's why I'm on MFP cause I do stupid things like that!
    Anyways, thanks everyone for the recipes! I will refer back to this when I want something sweet! One of my biggest downfalls is I love to bake. Unfortuneately I can't control myself when I eat it! If it's sitting out I'll scarf it all down! and if I do something "healthy" my husband won't usually eat it so that I can have my treat, nice thought, or he doesn't like it, well that means more for me...again back to the self control thing