The Secret Nerd Society

Options
13»

Replies

• erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Out and proud nerd here. I live and work in field and environment where my obsessive reading and discussing of peer reviewed literature is accepted. Although, I dont get some of the games, and I was banned from LARPing due to extreme klutziness. I'm not a social gamer, I loved the lord of the rings and the hobbit way before they were movies. And I love Dr. Who from start to last.

And hubby and I are using our friends wedding as an excuse to hit Houston's version of Comicon.
  • addreonnaseger
    Options
    I'm a nerd out loud. A special kind, too. I never talk about "cool kid" things.
  • addreonnaseger
    Options
    I am a HUGE NERD! I don't even know where to begin. Everything from Art, History, and Psychology to trivia and Doctor Who!!! I use to run a video arcade and grew up on video games (the Atari generation, baby)! I love Jeopardy, Monopoly, and Trivial Pursuit. My favorite magazines are Mental Floss and Psychology Today. Favorite TV shows are Doctor Who, Downton Abbey, Sherlock, and Good Eats (love Alton Brown!), I have a list on Twitter called "Nerds Unite" with the absolute geekiest, nerdiest randomness out there. I made TARDIS bras for a breast cancer charity event last year, and have a ton more art and crafts planned for 2013 and beyond. I love being a nerd! :bigsmile:

Feel free to friend me! We can be nerdy together!

I love you because you made TARDIS bras. xP I hate you because I want one now. >.>
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Nerd here. Built my own computers for the last 13+ years. I predate all of you neo-nerds with your WoW obsessions. I played Everquest (grand-daddy of MMO gaming) from 1999 through ~2008.

I have to admit though, I am falling out of my old ways the last few years. I havent played any online gaming in years, my Wii has sat in a closet collecting dust since 2008 or so, and I havent played anything on my PS3 since God of War III (2010?).

My social life has improved tenfold and my main hobby is focused on photography.

Despite all of that, I still feel like a nerd at heart!
  • vinnieti
    vinnieti Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    haha Netflix has totally allowed me to nerd out with the anime. I don't hide my nerd tendencies as much as I used to.

I'll burn some time in comic book store at the mall every now and then. I would love to go to a comicon one day.
  • g0tr00t
    g0tr00t Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    First played D&D around 1978 :), video gamer since TI 99/4a text based Adventures game (used to have to save your games on a tape recorder with the volume set at a proper level), I used to have a list of BBS' posted on my bedroom wall and Capt Crunch was my PHONE PHREAK HERO!, dress up for the Ren Fest (1 costume complete, building another one) and still do weekly D&D'ing at a game store near my house.

One of my favorite smells is that first scent when walking into an older comic book store...

There, I said it, I'm out.
  • fantomette
    fantomette Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I still own a gorgeous Atari 2600. And I still plug it and play a few times/year.
    I have the Absolute Sandman collection, I'm in love with computers since 1983.
    And yes, I lived in secret but now I'm out.
  • rushikareddy
    rushikareddy Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I am a full blown nerd. No need to be closeted!
    ^^ this!
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I still own a gorgeous Atari 2600. And I still plug it and play a few times/year.

I dont have my original Atari, but I was given this as a secret santa gift years ago. Best gift ever!!

http://www.amazon.com/Atari-2600-Joystick-Video-System/dp/B001BAFI2S

Its basically an Atari built into the controller that you plug into your TV with some games preloaded.
  • chessgeekdavidb
    chessgeekdavidb Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Nerd here. Built my own computers for the last 13+ years. I predate all of you neo-nerds with your WoW obsessions. I played Everquest (grand-daddy of MMO gaming) from 1999 through ~2008.

I have to admit though, I am falling out of my old ways the last few years. I havent played any online gaming in years, my Wii has sat in a closet collecting dust since 2008 or so, and I havent played anything on my PS3 since God of War III (2010?).

My social life has improved tenfold and my main hobby is focused on photography.

Despite all of that, I still feel like a nerd at heart!

I think I predate you, been programming and playing D&D since the late '70s
  • MikeCzarbary
    Options
    <
    NERD AND PROUD!
  • fantomette
    fantomette Posts: 148 Member
    Options

I dont have my original Atari, but I was given this as a secret santa gift years ago. Best gift ever!!

http://www.amazon.com/Atari-2600-Joystick-Video-System/dp/B001BAFI2S

Its basically an Atari built into the controller that you plug into your TV with some games preloaded.
    WOAH that is soooo cooooool!

I think my absolute dream would be to have an arcade machine right at home.
  • tallulahthunderbird
    tallulahthunderbird Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Clothes belong in closets. Not people.
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I remember the day I came out of the closet. I was working on building a desktop computer when my Mom walked in on me. The look of horror on her face while I stood there with a heat sink in one hand and a tube of thermal paste in the other was just too much to take. There were lots of tears, which freaked me out because I didn't want my internal computer components to get wet, but we made it through. All of my family members have come to accept that I like computers.

I feel so free now.

:D
  • ugottafriend
    ugottafriend Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am a HUGE NERD! I don't even know where to begin. Everything from Art, History, and Psychology to trivia and Doctor Who!!! I use to run a video arcade and grew up on video games (the Atari generation, baby)! I love Jeopardy, Monopoly, and Trivial Pursuit. My favorite magazines are Mental Floss and Psychology Today. Favorite TV shows are Doctor Who, Downton Abbey, Sherlock, and Good Eats (love Alton Brown!), I have a list on Twitter called "Nerds Unite" with the absolute geekiest, nerdiest randomness out there. I made TARDIS bras for a breast cancer charity event last year, and have a ton more art and crafts planned for 2013 and beyond. I love being a nerd! :bigsmile:

Feel free to friend me! We can be nerdy together!

I love you because you made TARDIS bras. xP I hate you because I want one now. >.>

I will be making more, my friend! The next project launches in September. :) Keep in touch!