Is it possible to lose 50lbs in 4.5 months?

Options
I'm 20 years old, currently weigh 189 (5ft2 1/2) with a BMR of 1650.

Thank you!

Replies

• Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! It will take a lot of hard work and dedication, but it is possible. It might be better to set your sights just a bit lower, though.

As you will see recommended a thousand times over these forums, make sure you eat enough. 1200 is generally not enough. Strength training is essential, but cardio is also good. For me, three days of cardio and two days of weights each week has me losing at a solid, steady pace.

Good luck!
  • Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Only if you turn your life into Biggest Loser for 4.5 months. So most likely, not going to happen. :P
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options
    Did you see there is another thread going now that asks if she can lose 50 lbs in 4 mos. There are a lot of comments there, you might want to read the posts there too. I think she is about the same age as you also.

Maybe you two can motivate and support each other.
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options
    Only if you turn your life into Biggest Loser for 4.5 months. So most likely, not going to happen. :P

If you believe you will receive. If you doubt, you'll do without.
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options

That sounds like some sort of jesus nonsense! LOL
  • Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options

That sounds like some sort of jesus nonsense! LOL

Emphasis on the nonsense.