tae bo with billy blanks

Options
When i was younger i tried this program for a few weeks. worked great lost 20 lbs and got back into those impossible jeans. Started again today couldn't even get through the first 15 mins. I guess everyone has to start somewhere. Has anyone else tried these programs if so id luv to hear ur stories

Replies

• Murdog
    Murdog Posts: 70
    Options
    I used to teach a version of this (they just called it kickboxing) every now and then at the Taekwondo school I studied at back in Jacksonville, NC (1999). On the days I didn't teach, I took the class. If you push yourself, it is a great workout.

The hardest challeng I had was talk (yelling) the movements through. Oh, and counting the reps. I'm not much of a multi-tasker.:noway:

Anyway, it took a pretty long while before I was able to get a rythmn to keep track of where I was without messing up the class!

I had a ball doing the class.
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I have a number of the DVDs and do them most mornings before work, and the 1-1/2 hour Ultimate Taebo on Saturdays or Sundays. I started with the Taebo Amped 5 disc set that includes a 5 pound weighted bar and got hooked. I have a few of the older boot camp DVDs, but my favorites are the Ultimate Taebo and Get Celebrity Fit DVDs which don't use any weights, bands, or other contraptions. Just lots of kicking and punching fun!

It led me to start doing Taekwondo again. I did Taekwondo for about 5 years as a teenager until college studies got in the way. And now, 22 or more years later, I'm back in the dojang at 42 with a white belt and relearning all the forms. The stances have changed quite a bit over the years. I'm constantly being corrected by my Master Instructor that I'm doing things the "traditional" way or the "way we did it 20 years ago". But I love it!!! I can't wait to go tonight. I started bringing my step-son with me this week too.

I still work out to the Taebo DVDs several times a week when I don't have plans to go to Taekwondo. I have Billy Blanks to thank for bringing me back to the Taekwondo I loved so much as a teenager. And thanks to Taebo, after my first Taekwondo class, my Master told me, "You are in very good shape for someone who hasn't done Taekwondo in over 20 years." :happy: