Ladies - how often do you...

Options

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Wear once, then they go in the laundry basket. I do the laundry once a week. So I need 7+ bras.
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I have to wash mine everyday only because I have just one that fits me. have to buy me some more pairs
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    wash your bras? Not your sports bra, but your "I wear to work, school, every day wear" bra?

As I only have 2 bras that fit now (due to weight/inches lost), I alternate wearing them, and wash them once a week (after about 3 wears each).

What about you?

You probably don't want to know! :laugh:

Like you, I only have two bras that fit me.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Wear once, then they go in the laundry basket. I do the laundry once a week. So I need 7+ bras.

Laundry is done nearly everyday here, otherwise there would be mountains of dirty clothes.
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I wear my regular bras until I think they should be washed. So any time from once a week to once a month (like my strapless that I haven't worn since the summer). It just depends on how said bra is doing as to when it needs to be washed. My sports bra gets washed after every use because it stinks and is grimey after each wear. I wash on delicate and dry flat.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Whenever I think of it. It is funny how different people are. I wear underpants once, but I'll wear a bra for two weeks without washing it. They never get icky, smelly, dirty or grungy. I have three or so at a time.

I am sure this has made a lot of women think "EWWWWWW".
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Washing your fancy expensive dainty bras every day will shorten their life. I have several and wash them weekly or bi-weekly depending on usage. Woolite and lingerie bags. Cold cycle.

Sports bras are washed with regular laundry also in lingerie bags. VSX is pricey but my faves.
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Right now I have 1 actual nice bra that fits.. 2 or 3 sports bras.. I am a 36DDD after 46lbs lost... I have to wash my bra every other day... it wears them out faster but they are damned expensive and I am not wasting money on bras that I wont fit into next month.

I have to get mine from dillards.. They are the only ones that seem to support me well the rest rip or stretch to fast.. so on average my bras are 70.00 a piece.......

sucks to be blessed... all natural..

When i started my WLJ I was a 38H....
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I only have 2 bras that fit well right now so I go a couple days wearing each. I tried to buy a couple cheap bras at Target so that I could cut down on laundry but I couldn't find my size (34D-34DD). Once I hit my goal weight I'll buy several and wash more frequently. They are expensive though and at my goal weight even harder to find (32D-32DD) for cheap. I haven't really noticed a funk after just two wearings but at about 3+ mine start to get a little funky so I try to make sure that I wash every two wearings. Sports bras are easy to find and cheap so I wash them every time and wear them occasionally instead of a regular bra if I don't get the wash done (don't judge, I have school full time, a job and a six year old :) )
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I have about 5 bras that I alternate between; two black and three tan, depending on what I'm wearing. Each one probably gets worn 2 or 3 times between washings. Unless i was really sweaty when I had it on, like doing heavy cleaning or out for a long walk, then it goes in the laundry basket right away. If it's just a regular work day, it gets reworn.

I used to read those anonymous confession websites all the time. Someone posted ones that she never washed her bras. Ever! And she had tons of people agreeing with her. So I think there are plenty of non-washers out there.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Ok it obviously depends on how big your household is and how often the washing machine is on!

It's just me and husband now, and we each do our own laundry, so I do my own laundry once a week.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I give them the sniff test, and when they fail, it's into the hand washing pile. I hope that isn't disgusting.
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I used to wash them once a month? Cause I barely wore them...now don't even wear them at all anymore, I hate bras :laugh:
  • laceybrobie
    Options
    I used to wash them once a month? Cause I barely wore them...now don't even wear them at all anymore, I hate bras :laugh:

If i didnt wear a bra everyday I would be a saggin mess.. LOL kudos to you for not caring about that or sorry that you dont have to feel the pain we go through daily with not wearing one...
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I have a TON of bras, because I hate laundry, so I usually wear them 2x and they go in the pile. I think I can make it a month like that.
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options

If i didnt wear a bra everyday I would be a saggin mess.. LOL kudos to you for not caring about that or sorry that you dont have to feel the pain we go through daily with not wearing one...

lol well I'm not well endowed...only a B so I feel like I can get away with it :P
  • laceybrobie
    Options

lol well I'm not well endowed...only a B so I feel like I can get away with it :P

then yes you can... LOL...