C25K

jessicajoy87
jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I've been seeing this a lot. What exactly is the C25K? I know its some type of running program. Anyone?:smile:

Replies

• Andi_Mo
    Andi_Mo Posts: 243
    Hi yes, it is Couch to 5K. It's a program that slowly builds you up to running a 5K (3.1 miles) in 9 weeks. I'm on week 3 day 3 feeling great and losing weight. Go to coolrunning.com and click on Couch to 5K, it's free. Good luck!
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

I'm currently in the last week (week 9) and running a 5K on Saturday. It's a good program and the gradual interval increases are what makes it so do-able!
  • So you only do it three days a week?
  • price805
    price805 Posts: 20
    If you have a MP3player There is also a downloadable podcast in itunes that basically will walk you through each week of the program...It's called "Podcasts for Running." I found them really helpful when I was trying to do the program.
  • price805
    price805 Posts: 20
    So you only do it three days a week?

Yep.
  • Andi_Mo
    Andi_Mo Posts: 243
    If you have a MP3player There is also a downloadable podcast in itunes that basically will walk you through each week of the program...It's called "Podcasts for Running." I found them really helpful when I was trying to do the program.

Thanks Price! This will definately help. I saw the ones for Iphones but I didn't think to look for podcasts. Thanks for the tip!
  • Thanks everyone. I think I will start it next week.Wish me luck!
This discussion has been closed.