I'm not calling it sabotage. It's a food ambush!

Options
2»

Replies

• weese17
    weese17 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    For this reason, I am incredibly thankful that my husband and I both track our calories on MFP. Doing it alone would be immensely difficult.
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    when my husband makes plan to cook or take me to a restaurant, i usually save 800 cals for that, any excesses are balanced next day. it's his idea of showing love, if your cals remain unused, you can always toss up some salad or cheese as a late snack. men do this things to impress and they hardly know it is hurting, and be sure if you not let him do it, he will be grumpy bear!!:laugh:
  • jennagoogles13
    Options
    I can definitely relate to what you're going through. I come from a family where my grandma is always making these homecooked, high calorie, super cheesy Mexican meals, and I feel guilty having to deny her when she offers me food! But in some situations, such as a loved one spending a long time preparing something for you, I think we have to tough it out, and just eat a small portion, and just accept that we are going to go over in calories for the day.
  • binknbaby
    binknbaby Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Sounds frustrating. I'd definitely talk to him clearly about it, but not in the heat of the moment. If that happens, I'd just eat a smaller portion of what he made, plus a salad to help fill me up, then do a little more in my workout. And once I've done the workout and have all those frustrations turned into sweat, speak calmly and explain to him why you had requested that particular meal, how it affected the rest of the day, and how while you do completely appreciate the effort he made, you would appreciate it even more if he had listened to what you actually needed. Then maybe make a plan for you to have splurge meal, so he can have the joy of making something special and yummy for you, and you can plan for it (lower cals the rest of the day, extra workout, etc).