What to order to drink at Starbucks

Options

Replies

• jaygreen55
    jaygreen55 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    A straight espresso or a skim milk cappuccino. If you must sweeten it use splenda or equal (it's not poison)
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Coffee, black or with skim milk.
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I usually get a tall skinny latte when looking for extra protein for the day. I change up the flavorings usually. Glad to see I can get the carmel macchiato skinny as well! That was a weakness before I had started being healthier.
  • lessofme150
    lessofme150 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Once I discovered that my Non fat, no whip Venti white mocha was I thinkg 450 cals, I stopped getting them. I actually gave myself a free day yesterday and decided to have one. It was actually really gross and sweet! Yay!!!!

Anyway, I switched to a Venti Non Fat, Sugar Free Vanilla American Misto and it's 88 cals.
  • xohjs
    xohjs Posts: 2
    Options
    a serving of coffee and a single shot of espresso are each 5 calories..so you could always just get a coffee (or espresso) with a sugar free flavor (0 calories, 0 sugar, and then add in some skim milk!).
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Well I must confess that I don't go to Starbucks since it was revealed that they avoid paying their corporate taxes in the UK.

The other issue is that I absolutely HATE coffee so when I did go to Starbucks I always got tea - have a large breakfast tea or Earl Grey with a drop of skimmed milk and you're looking at about 20 calories max.

Here's their table of nutrional info for all their drinks however so you should be able to find something to suit the calories you want to spend:

http://globalassets.starbucks.com/assets/365D87B449604BABA7D9986EB3BAA7C8.pdf
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Well I must confess that I don't go to Starbucks since it was revealed that they avoid paying their corporate taxes in the UK.

Here here!

Support your local independent retailers that source their produce as locally as they can and PAY THEIR TAXES!

This is my local: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXfZ1YsrglQ
  • daniellealys
    daniellealys Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    i get a black grande blonde and bring my own coconut milk to put in it :D
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    triple espresso :laugh:
  • Rose_bee
    Rose_bee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Going with my mom today, but I've been trying to stay away. What should I order, if I'm staying away from sugar/carbs. I don't want to go overboard on fat either. I usually get venti white chocolate mocha with the whip, but made with non-fat milk.

Go for something with sugar-free flavoring, and non-fat milk. Then the only calories you're taking in are is the milk it's made with. :)
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    My "Go To" Starbucks drinks, and by go to I mean pretty much I hit Starbucks daily, are Venti Iced Coffee with 3 splenda and light, light cream, or Tall Skinny Mocha, just depends on what I'm feeling like.
  • WanderingCavalcade
    WanderingCavalcade Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Here's a list of 20 of their menu items for under 200 kcals.
    http://www.starbucks.com/menu/nutrition/20-under-200

My favorite cold drinks on this list are the Tazo choices and the light caramel frap, and my favorite hot one are (again) the Tazos and the nonfat caramel machiato.
  • musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I get a quad grande skim toffee nut latte with half the syrup (2 pumps instead of 4 with 4 shots of expresso) lots of foam, not sure of the exact cals, but im sure its under 250

I also love bone-dry skim caps...sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon or nutmeg on the foam and dig in with a spoon
  • BuckeyeBabe10
    BuckeyeBabe10 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    If you still want something frou-frou-y, their grande skinny ice caramel machiato is 140 calories. Hot is 120, or something like that.

This. The Venti Skinny Caramel Macchiato is 160 calories (hot)...not a bad deal if you're looking for something with all the flavors and taste of "dessert" quality, but skips on the overboard of calories from whole milk, whipped cream, etc.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Iced caramel macchiato is my faves.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I am in LOVE with the Roobios Vanilla hot tea. I drink it plain and it is so delicious! It's hot tea, so almost zero calories.:smile:
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I may sound boring.....
    but get a plain green tea =D
  • LivMinusTen
    LivMinusTen Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I used to be hooked on Caramel Machiato's, but I changed my order to a Skinny Vanilla Latte, which is only 120 calories. I like the SVL better than the Skinny Caramel Machiato's.
  • srey0701
    srey0701 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Don't get sugar free, it's aspartame and not worth it. If you need to get syrup, ask for half the amount. It really isn't bad to treat once in a while.

I was thinking about that! I know that the artificial sweeteners are worse for you than the real sugar.
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I always just get a black coffee...boring I know.