Am I sexy or not damnit!!!!

Options
mmddwechanged
mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
So I am super proud of myself because I just lost ten pounds that I had trouble losing, but my SO wont tell me I look better than I did before. My SO does this thing where he doesn't complement me according to fitness or weight, it's like he thinks if he says I look good now that is insinuating that I didn't look good before. But he talks in his sleep and that's when I find out he thinks I'm hot. So, essentially he's lying to me. It's sabotaging my eating and exercising because its like he doesn't care! I'm getting so fed up of this and thinking I should just gain it all back again. And don't tell me I should do this for me. We've been together for twenty- five years now; it's practically a symbiotic relationship.

Replies

• DonnaNCgirl
    DonnaNCgirl Posts: 372
    Options
    If the pic of you in blue shorts is 10 lbs ago, I see an improvement.

Unsolicited...but relevant...talk to your best friend and tell him what you're feeling.
  • Bigbill810
    Bigbill810 Posts: 117
    Options
    You can only blame women for coming up with the "Does this make me look fat" question. Now you are on the other side of it. Welcome to our hell. We can't say anything...even compliments without it getting twisted or misunderstood.

To be honest, all the "gaining it back" talk sounds crazy. You just worked to lose weight and you're gonna undo it because you aren't hearing what you want? Tone it down a notch, maybe he won't be so scared to compliment you.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Meh, you can hang out on my beach any time. . .
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Ahhh what a shame he doesn't praise your progress, so nice to have compliments now and then....so we can feel good!! I would speak to him about it? I'm sure you would compliment him if he wanted to loose weight, and did!!
  • DonnaNCgirl
    DonnaNCgirl Posts: 372
    Options
    To be honest, all the "gaining it back" talk sounds crazy. You just worked to lose weight and you're gonna undo it because you aren't hearing what you want? Tone it down a notch, maybe he won't be so scared to compliment you.

^^This...totally agree with this.
  • mmddwechanged
    Options
    You can only blame women for coming up with the "Does this make me look fat" question. Now you are on the other side of it. Welcome to our hell. We can't say anything...even compliments without it getting twisted or misunderstood.

You are right on:). That's exactly what he said!
  • mmddwechanged
    Options
    Meh, you can hang out on my beach any time. . .

I love beaches!!!! Thankyou;)
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    wha?:noway:

sabotaging you?

i dont get it.
    at all.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    But he talks in his sleep and that's when I find out he thinks I'm hot.

What.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    But he talks in his sleep and that's when I find out he thinks I'm hot.

What.
    When my fiance talks in his sleep all I learn is that there are sugar gliders all over the house running around.

I guess I am not asking the right questions.
  • sbussert
    sbussert Posts: 72 Member
    Options

You are right on:). That's exactly what he said!

After 20 years of marriage I got nothing left but honesty. If she hasn't thrown me out by now, there's not much I can say to get in anymore trouble than I already do on a daily basis.

It's a moment where he needs to know, it's ok to give a compliment, and you of course know the "hey you look sexy" doesn't mean you didn't before...

Moral? We're guys... We're idiots...
  • Bigbill810
    Bigbill810 Posts: 117
    Options
    When my fiance talks in his sleep all I learn is that there are sugar gliders all over the house running around.

Pffffffffff, hahahahahaha!
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Smother him with a pillow and call it a day.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    All men are d-bags. DTMFA is the only appropriate answer in these situations.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    This is easy. He can be your bf in the bedroom and you can get other bfs for other parts of your life.
  • mmddwechanged
    Options
    This is easy. He can be your bf in the bedroom and you can get other bfs for other parts of your life.

I like it! Easy:)
  • mmddwechanged
    Options

Awesome!!! :). Lol
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Kick his sorry butt out! You shouldn't have to endure another 25 years with him not telling you several times a day how sexy you are. Geesh! Some guys just don't have a clue. Or, maybe like Steph said, just smother him with a pillow and put him out of his misery so he won't go off and treat another woman like that. You'd be doing a service for humanity!
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    All men are d-bags. DTMFA is the only appropriate answer in these situations.

What exactly does that mean?
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    He thinks you looked good 10 pounds ago, and he thinks you look good now.. Still doesn't explain to me why you think he's "sabotaging" you...

Sounds to me like YOU'RE the one who needs a mindset change,