Everything..... YES, everything...

Options
lvfunandfit
lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
FITS!!!! All of my clothes that I've been afraid to try on from before having my 2 beautiful baby girls fit! Some of the skirts are even too big! YAY! I'm not as tone and defined as I was and I'm working on that but I am back down to my prepregnancy weight of 125!!! I have been for a couple of weeks but still have the frumpy image of myself when I look in the mirror. So I was afraid to try on my clothes.
THen someone the other day asked me how I stay in shape. I feel like I'm still a work in progress but it hit me that maybe I don't look as frumpy as I feel. SHe even said, "Wait til you have kids, it's hard to get your body back." I didn't say I had any. I didn't want to make her feel bad. But it made me feel good!
Last year at this time I was between a size 12/14 and now I'm wearing size 4s and 6s and even fit into a couple size 2 jeans! YEAH!
Just thought I'd share! NOw I'm working on getting my body fat back down to 16%! I'm at 20 now, so I'm almost there! Hopefully by summer!

Replies

• LoganScottsMom
    LoganScottsMom Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    How do you do it? My son will be 11 months old Sunday. I need to lose 15 pounds, but I feel like I still look 3 months pregnant. It's all in my stomach!
  • LoganScottsMom
    Options
    OH... I forgot to mention.. I'M JEALOUS! :smile:
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome, congrats! You're an inspiration~!
  • lvfunandfit
    Options
    lydiathom , It's been hard! THe woman who told me it is hard to get your body back is correct! My youngest is 15 months and it took til she was 14 months to get here.

In August I had 16 lbs left to lose. . . I started running again last July (I run 10-15 miles a week and do 5-15 more miles of cardio at the gym per week between classes and machines) and I also lift weights 4 times a week (I only get 42-45 min because I have to pick up my kids by 4:00 from day care) and I get to the gym by 3 after work. I am super super strict with logging my foods (I have missed a couple days here and there). It has made me accountable and it has helped a ton! I eat every 2.5-3 hrs. Everytime I eat my snack or meal is based around protein and I start my day with a protein shake.

I didn't start logging until Jan and between Jan and the beginning of April, I lost 10 lbs (my last 10). It took a FULL 3 months to lose the last 10. But it finally came off. I just took all of my size 8s, 10s and 12s to the garage to give away! I was thrilled to make room for my "skinny" clothes!

YOu can do it too! It is possible! Just stay consistent and you'll see the lbs melt away!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Congrats and I too am jealous!!! I'm about where you were and you are where I want to be.

I started this about a year ago but am not consistent.

You are an inspiration for sure. Thanks for the breakdown of what you've done. I may have to step it up a bit.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Wow, nice!!! That's super exciting. I'm in a 14 right now and have never been single digits... I'd like to be but don't think I will 'cause my hips are so gigantic. It's cool to hear somebody who is now half their size in pants! CRAZY, GIRL!!
  • LoganScottsMom
    Options
    I just started running again myself (reaching for 10-15 miles per week). If I keep it up, I will be able to do 10-15 miles a week. HOWEVER... the gym part is out of the question for me. I don't get off of work until 4PM / 4:30PM and it takes a good 45 minutes to get home. If I made myself get up earlier in the morning, I could do something then...but I would have to get up at 4AM! I leave the house at 6AM. Thanks for the encouragement!!! In regards to your meals, did you eat all of your calories????
  • bebbjeb
    bebbjeb Posts: 134
    Options
    Congratulations!! That is so exciting!
  • bebbjeb
    bebbjeb Posts: 134
    Options
    double post
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I've been on my plateau for months now. I can't wait til I lose these last 10lbs...
  • lvfunandfit
    Options
    I just started running again myself (reaching for 10-15 miles per week). If I keep it up, I will be able to do 10-15 miles a week. HOWEVER... the gym part is out of the question for me. I don't get off of work until 4PM / 4:30PM and it takes a good 45 minutes to get home. If I made myself get up earlier in the morning, I could do something then...but I would have to get up at 4AM! I leave the house at 6AM. Thanks for the encouragement!!! In regards to your meals, did you eat all of your calories????
    THank you everyone! I just finished cleaning out the remiander of my clothes from my closet that are now too big! YAY! They'll be going in our yard sale! YES!

I ate back my exercise calories. =)

I hear ya on getting up early to workout. I have to be at work at 7:15am. Maybe get up at 4am 2 times a week and stay up later 2 nights a week to do your workouts. There are lots of great programs to do at home. NOw that it's so hot in the afternoons, I'm going to have to get up at 4 to go running before work. If It's important to me I'll figure out a way to make it happen.

Can you go to the gym 2 or 3 nights a week right after work for 45 min. THat's the longest I get for a work out and it has been working for me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!