Want some inspiration? How about this guy?

Options
2»

Replies

• SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Bless him. I had tears in my eyes reading that.

Can't you just imagine Ray at Sunday dinners, showing his muscles and talking about his trainer and how he plucked that kettle bell out of the air. I bet he must be a hit with the ladies, but he'd probably be still in love with his (now deceased) wife. I am in love with Ray.

"Clark has significantly improved his strength, balance, endurance and range of motion over the past three years, staving off frailty, possibly saving untold medical costs and proving that gains can be made at any age."

I think we can all take something from this.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!

"To watch Clark move around the gym during his weekly half-hour workout is to understand what is possible for the oldest members of society, as well as the adaptations that must be made for them."

I love that he's getting all these benefits from only half an hour a week BUT he's also obviously found a place where they understand the needs of an older person. There needs to be a lot more of that too. Given the health benefits and decreased medical costs it sounds like a sensible place to start would be promoting this stuff to older people.
  • Iceman420
    Iceman420 Posts: 195
    Options
    Wow....just wow. I take my hat off to that guy. Thanks for posting this :)
  • jbruced
    jbruced Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Not only is Mr Clark doing something inspiring but look at his trainer at 70 years of age!! Both are inspiring.
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    40 is a new twenty. I am 59 and I have full of energy to do both cardio and weight training hitting the gym 5 days in a week. It is never too late. No more excuses.
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    This is so great. I wish more of the older community was motivated to do this and that there were options for them.
  • Showmm
    Showmm Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    It is great that he has a gym that can assist him with his needs and even offer an older trainer who probably has a better idea of what issues someone 102 faces than a 22 year old trainer might. No offence to the 22 year olds out there, just saying that it's awesome that Ray can be supported well when he works out at the gym. His son who is over 70 works out at the same gym too!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    This brought tears to my eyes - I am planning to still be the old lady at the gym well into my older age....
  • Redladystl
    Redladystl Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!!!!! NO EXCUSES!!!
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Good for him! Thank you for the links!
  • theblondetrick
    theblondetrick Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm 19 and I'm way too lazy to work out...This makes me feel ashamed.And it should.
  • mi55black
    mi55black Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love seeing older people excercise! Really puts things into perspective as far as excuses go. So insipartional!!!
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    My 82 year old neighbor can do more push-ups than me right now. I'm working on changing that, but it sure does give you some perspective!