Fat mannequins

Options
2»

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Love them! They would probably flatter some clothes more than the stick thin ones!

they do , i just said this above. i think? imma take some pics of the ones i see next time i'm out. dressed they look fantastic. and really show how to put things together. hopefully i will remember the unfortunate name of this thread.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Love it and wish they would do it here in the US, but I doubt they ever will (well, on a widespread scale). It makes me sick that people consider Size 10 to be "fat."

I'm in the US! In los angeles and they have these at my local store! hello people am i invisible? wha?
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    " So I addressed how womens mannequins are not done realistically and he said "well women are different" he basically was saying women want to see something they can't obtain,

There might be something to what your SO said.. Some women's magazine (can't remember which) lost money when they featured average-sized women on the cover, so they switched back to typical models.

I like the size 10 mannequin, nice shapely figure.
    He probably is right but I won't tell him :laugh:
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    The size 10 is very similar to my body type, except my thighs are a bit meatier
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    " So I addressed how womens mannequins are not done realistically and he said "well women are different" he basically was saying women want to see something they can't obtain,

There might be something to what your SO said.. Some women's magazine (can't remember which) lost money when they featured average-sized women on the cover, so they switched back to typical models.

I like the size 10 mannequin, nice shapely figure.
    He probably is right but I won't tell him :laugh:

Lol
  • susheetush
    susheetush Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I gotta admit, kinda hurt my feelings a little bit to hear a size 6 described as "fat"
    It must be my lady hormones making me emotional.

^^ This. A size 6 is 'fat' now? In what universe? I don't think the size 10 is fat for that matter.
  • Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    These are UK size 10? I don't think anyone would consider size 10 fat tbh. I am size 10/12 and I is to do with body shape as much as anything what you look like. Wish I had that much boob though..mine is non existent!

Think the mannequins look great though, the unrealistic ones might just as well be hangars
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I gotta admit, kinda hurt my feelings a little bit to hear a size 6 described as "fat"
    It must be my lady hormones making me emotional.

^^ This. A size 6 is 'fat' now? In what universe? I don't think the size 10 is fat for that matter.

Ya I know it pisses me off, but whatevs. I look similar to the size 10
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    About time Im a 10 currently but my normal size is a 6 or 4 at my ideal wieght,even at 10 though Im not what would be considered big anyone would say I was needs thier vision checked.Its kind of nice to see manneqiuns in different sizes I ocassionally even see ones in wheelchairs I thought that was nice since people have disabilities out there.Why shouldn't it represent differences .Good job may be here in the us we can see it too.