What are plank moves???

lculian
lculian Posts: 313 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
:blushing:

I hate to admit this, but I have no idea what plank moves are. Earlier I was given some consistent advice to incorporate plank moves into my workout routine to help get rid of my belly jelly. The only problem is I don't know what they are.

Does anyone know a link to find suggestions and instructions on plank moves???

I want to do it, I just want to be sure I do them correctly.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Replies

• DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    A plank is like a full push up position only your arms and wrist line up with your shoulders. You an do a low plank by putting your forearms on the ground. Make sure to keep your hips down and your stomach pulled in. :)
  • bloemks
    bloemks Posts: 21 Member
    You can do a google search for plank exercises and lots of websites will show up. Another good place to search is YouTube so you can see videos of people doing the plank moves. I think I also saw a plank workout on the Shape or Fitness website... Hope this helps!
  • An awesome awesome move using the plank position is to start in the plank position, then push up, one hand at a time, so your hands are under your shoulders in a push up position, come back down one hand at a time repeat this as many times as you can. it is awesome for your stomach, but you need to keep your back straight, not dipping it or your hips or bum. It really does work your core and you will feel it the next day!

Edit to say that I found a link to a website with a video of this move.

http://community.mindnmusclefitness.com/_rono-has-added-Elbow-2-Hand-Plank/VIDEO/787037/41303.html

Hope this helps. xx
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    How to:

1.Lie face down on mat resting on the forearms, palms flat on the floor.
    2.Push off the floor, raising up onto toes and resting on the elbows.
    3.Keep your back flat, in a straight line from head to heels.
    4.Tilt your pelvis and contract your abdominals to prevent your rear end from sticking up in the air or sagging in the middle.
    5.Hold for 20 to 60 seconds, lower and repeat for 3-5 reps.

http://exercise.about.com/od/abs/ss/abexercises_10.htm
This discussion has been closed.