Chinese Food

Options
Hi guys, going to a friends for dinner & we're having chinese takeaway.

Can anyone advise on a dish that's not too high in calories for me. Obviously I won't be eating the full portion that comes maybe just half of it.

Replies

• Schmidty102
    Schmidty102 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    It's hard to know what's high in calories and what isn't... but try to stay away from those things that are breaded and fried.
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I like the cashew chicken as long as it is not breaded. but I am sure there are better caloric choices. I like the light sauce and the cashews for good fats. and I always do white steamed rice. Some places offer brown rice.
  • Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Kung Pao chicken. Beef broccoli. Anything with steamed vegetables.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Wonton soup is a decent choice. Loaded with veggies!
  • scottishprincessprobz
    Options
    I would go for something with vegetables and fish! One of my fav. dishes at this Chinese cafe I used to go all the time were the

-shrimp with pelt beans
    -tofu with beef(or pork) and onion

HOpe you enjoy your food! <3
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are drinking a lot of water! Chinese food is the motherlode of sodium (soy sauce).

Also, keep in mind that the normal order of chinese food is like 4 servings....

And I agree with Text...anything steamed
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    It's hard to know what's high in calories and what isn't... but try to stay away from those things that are breaded and fried.

Yes, breaded and fried Chinese foods are the only ones that are high in calories. Also watch the portions. Get a lunch portion if you can, or just eat half of the dinner portion and take the rest home.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Most places will let you do sauce on the side. The sauce is where most of the fat calories and salt hide.
  • ClaireSmith811
    ClaireSmith811 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking a small portion of chicken chow mein
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Kung Pao chicken. Beef broccoli. Anything with steamed vegetables.

Mmm good choices yum!