Only one pound...

Options
I have been losing weight pretty easily since I have changed my eating habits and have been working out. Today was my weigh in, and I only lost one pound. I know I should be happy that I still lost something, but at the same time I am disappointed that I only lost one pound. Can one pound really make a difference??

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    This isn't the Biggest Loser - one pound is great. You should expect to lose .5-1 lb a week if you're losing in a healthy way.
  • Katetw
    Katetw Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Healthy weight loss is 1.0 lb a week.

At first you lose more than that, which is mostly just water weight. If you lose more than 1 lb a week once you've gotten into it, then you're probably not making sustainable lifestyle changes (as in, when you go back to what you used to do, the weight will come back). Remember this is not a race. I know 1lb can feel disappointing, but that's the healthy way to do it!

congrats and keep it up!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Losing one pound in a week is great. You really need to get your expectations in line with reality. You will lose weight very easily at the beginning and then it gets harder and harder as you go. I consider it a miracle when I lose 1lb in a week now. I've gone three months without losing any weight before. It's going to be a long trip to your goal weight; get settled in and get ready to ride it out patiently. You have almost exactly the same amount of weight to lose as I did when I started. I expect it will take me around 3 years (I'm already at the 2 year mark) and it will probably take you that long too.
  • pinky68abc
    Options
    Count yourself lucky. The past 2 weeks I've only lost .4 of a pound. I'd be thrilled with a pound a week. Dont set your goals too high...you're doing great.