fallen off wagon again!

Options
have been doing really well for a month and keeping binge eating disorder under check. But last 3 days have just been constant eating and bingeing. Would love some support and advice to get back on track!

Replies

• Gwyn1969
    Gwyn1969 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I read that it takes two weeks create a new habit, so the fact that you've been doing well for a whole month is great! I have issues with alcohol, and it was hard for me to go from drinking every night to drinking once a week or even less. Every time I drink more than two nights in a row, I can feel the old desires creeping back up. So I have to start fresh and go back to the new good habit. Which you have already established! Two or three days of eating on track for you and you will be back in the swing of things.
  • Flintbeats810
    Flintbeats810 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Dealing with a disrder is probably tougher then most people realize so I think the best advice i can give is that remmeber that everytime you wake up its a new day. Keep the past in the past. Your will struggle and fight adversity but its what is done in those moments which defines who you are as an individual. Falling off the wagon isn't a problem. Staying down once you have fallen is. Find you motivation, find what works for you, get up and push forward. "The best thing to do when your going throught hell....keep going"
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I find that I have the desire to binge when I start to feel anxious, and eating less definitely brings up feelings of anxiety. If you have no medical issues, etc, you could try something to help calm your anxiety instead...and tell yourself its okay to feel it. It's normal. Your body WANTS to be fat.

I use valerian root, chamomile tea, passion flower extract, Calms Forte...not all at the same time, of course, but sometimes a nice cup of tea and a couple deep breaths works better than anything else for me.
  • amyfliesalot
    amyfliesalot Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I have a "disorder", but I definitely feel your pain dealing with binge eating. As much as I plan, and as good as I've been all day, once the binge starts, I can't stop. I don't get it. I HAVE figured out that I make really bad decisions (eating-wise, that is!) when I stay up too late, when I've had a glass of wine, or, especially, when I do both. I'm trying to avoid those, but it's an on-going battle with myself. Even though I'm really motivated to lose weight, and have realized my binge-inducing behaviors, it is still tough.

See if you can identify your binge "triggers". Once you've done that, you may find it helpful to avoid them. Best of luck to you!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Binging all but disappeared for me when I set my daily caloric deficit to 300 or less. Choose 1/2 lb weight loss per week and stick to that calorie level. You're less likely to be deprived.

But really there's no wagon... just keep going.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Dealing with a disrder is probably tougher then most people realize so I think the best advice i can give is that remmeber that everytime you wake up its a new day. Keep the past in the past. Your will struggle and fight adversity but its what is done in those moments which defines who you are as an individual. Falling off the wagon isn't a problem. Staying down once you have fallen is. Find you motivation, find what works for you, get up and push forward. "The best thing to do when your going throught hell....keep going"

This says it all. Most of us have been there on this journey. You are not alone. You're to be commended for reaching out for encouragement. You can move thru this.
  • smilingirisheyes
    smilingirisheyes Posts: 149 Member
    Options

I use valerian root, chamomile tea, passion flower extract, Calms Forte...not all at the same time, of course, but sometimes a nice cup of tea and a couple deep breaths works better than anything else for me.

I do the same (in fact, I can't believe someone else mentioned these!), and it helps. So does regular exercise.
  • vlnalto
    vlnalto Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I know there are certain foods that I won't stop eating until they're all gone, so I can't have them in my house.

A whole month of being on track is a great accomplishment! Get back on track tomorrow - you can do this!!
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Uuggghhhh!!! Same here!! I will be doing so good and then one small slip up and I'm like "screw it"!! Then I am off track for several days!! I just keep telling myself when I do screw up that it is normal and I need to focus on doing better. I have always had the negative voice in my head saying I cant do it. That is what I have decided to change. Now when the neg. thoughts pop up I think about the positive and it keeps me going!! We will do this cuz we ROCK \m/
  • rosiecbolton
    rosiecbolton Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    thank you so much for all your lovely messages, and the supportive PMs too.

tomorrow is another day and thanks to all your help am going to get back on track!

if anyone looks at my food diary over the last few days I have not logged all the bingeing so it is not correct
  • judyf87
    judyf87 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    We all have our weak moments. There have been multiple times where I have "given up" and started eating and eating.....until my stomach hurts. Then there's that post-binge moment where you feel like a complete failure, you feel ill, and the self pity sinks in. It's all about picking yourself up and starting again. The fact that you are still here is a good sign. Tomorrow is indeed another day. You can do this!!!!
  • NewTnme
    NewTnme Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I am so with you. Congrats on a month of good eating. I cant get pas 10 days anymore. I think im going to try a change my cal intake like someone else did. Dont stay down tomorrow will be a better day. Stay strong
  • rosiecbolton
    rosiecbolton Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    have now been up for over an hour and so far so good! had a healthy breakfast and working hard on building a website to try and keep my mind off things.

does not help my 19 month old son is wandering round with a giant chocolate lolly shouting LOL LO, LOL LO (that is his name for the lolly)
  • betterthanbefpre
    betterthanbefpre Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi Rosie. I think the best thing to do to help control the binge eating is to eat several small meals a day. Don't skip. Eat at regular times.

When I binged it was due to my body being in starvation mode...as long as you have food consitantly you will be alright. Stock up on healthy, ready snacks like carrots, apples, cheese sticks etc. If it helps place the correct portions in zip lock bags so you know you've eaten the right amount and not overeaten. Also, for protien, grill or cook chicken tenders and leave them in a container in the fridge. This way they can be a snack too. If you do this it should help. We all have times were we fall off the wagon...just duxt yourself off and get back on. ;)

BTW..I have a little one too...she's 23 months and I have a 7 year old.