Binged on chocolate..+1500 calories before 1pm

Options
Yesterday I ate out at BJ's and came home so full it was uncomfortable to sit. Today I started breakfast off healthy (Greek yogurt, berries, 1 slice of toast)...and then I opened a box of chocolate and couldn't stop eating it (I'm not even sure why I was eating it, I'm not hungry at all)

My calories/totals are completely over now--I'm in the red for everything.
Trader Joes - Dark Chocolate Almond Bits, 1 container (10.5 oz (42g / 1/4cup) ea.) 1,470 168 91 21 315 140

What should I do for the rest of the day :(? I can't go for a run because I have bad knees, but I'm just wondering if it was even worth it to eat for the rest of the day? It's only 1pm where I'm at.

Replies

• rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Eat something light if you get hungry, I say. That candy is likely to spike and then drop your blood sugar hard. I know you are over on calories, but low blood sugar can make you crazy.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Eat light for the rest of the day. Balance it out with protein and fats.

And then?

Hit the gym. Burn off 5-600 k/cals, and the impact won't be so bad. So, I reiterate, hit the gym, and hit it hard today.
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Don't let yourself go hungry, that will make your mental state even worse and it's not good for your body or your metabolism. I'd say if you get hungry to eat light or eat something vegetable laden. I find that using steamed veggies with a mild teriyaki sauce (or some low sodium equivalent) in a high fiber wrap fills me up fast. Give that a try if you have the ingredients. :D
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Can you go for a walk? When I do something like that, I just try to get out of the house. If you do get hungry later, I would eat some lean protein and veggies. Get right back on the wagon. And remember, tomorrow is another day!
  • vlnalto
    vlnalto Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Don't starve yourself the rest of the day - eat when you get hungry. Tomorrow is a new day. It seems like you're getting into trouble making choices on the spot - try planning out your meals and snacks for tomorrow before you go to bed tonight. You can do this.
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I would actually suggest just eating as normal, and then making sure that tomorrow you do that little bit extra just to stay on track.
    One day of going over isn't going to kill a week's worth of doing it right....
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Eat healthily for the rest of the day and write off the damage, you haven't consumed enough to gain any real weight so don't let it get to you :flowerforyou:
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry, you should eat. But eat healthfully and lightly-- enough to keep you from not being hungry.

Although you can't go for a run, there are many other things you can do to increase your calories burned. Anything that moves your body will burn more than if you just sit there and feel sorry for yourself (which I know I would be tempted to do if my willpower failed me :)). Walk around the house, do stretches, light housework, go walk around the mall, dance to the radio, rearrange a room, whatever you can think of to keep yourself moving at least a bit.

Don't beat yourself up over what you've eaten-- just acknowledge that you did it, take note of how it feels, and re-dedicate yourself to improvement. No one is perfect all the time. :)

Good luck!
  • Starbreezeunicorn
    Starbreezeunicorn Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I suggest a nice long walk or a swim 45 min of vigorous swimming at 275 lbs burns 750 calories , do not beat yourself up and make sure to continue eating something small every 4 hours today. DO not starve yoruself of healthy food becasue of one slip <3 much love.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Just take a nice walk later and relax. Its just some chocolate. Can't let every little thing get your down your you'll never grow up into a responsible eater =)
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    OK...make THIS a good one!!! Then set a time to STOP, and STOP. Eating out is dangerous in MORE than one way...the sodium, carbs and fat is too much and CARRIES OVER to the next FEW days. YEA, it can cost MORE than money. Quit when YOU get ready and move ahead positively. Everyone on this WELLNESS Journey have learned or will learn about eating "out" and the Cost.
  • pstaceyca
    pstaceyca Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Why do you have chocolates in the house if you can't control how many you eat??? Throw out the foods that cause you to binge and stay away from bad restaurants!!! It is not worth it.
  • emsicle_o
    emsicle_o Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I did something similar the other day. Was just watching TV and had a box of chocs open beside me. Didn't realise how much I'd eaten til I counted how many empty spaces were there and was then horrified when I entered it on MFP!! Worst thing is, I felt sick after coz I'd eaten so many!
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I would actually suggest just eating as normal, and then making sure that tomorrow you do that little bit extra just to stay on track.

^^^^^I agree!!!!
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    is this something that happens often? if it is, then try to get to behind the reason why you are binging if you are not even hungry. emotional eating maybe? boredom?
    if this usually does not happen, then brush it off. if you get hungry later have a salad with some protein and add sunflower seeds and avocado for some healthy fats to help keep you going.
    maybe try and keep any tempting foods like that out of the house?
    when i used to have binges, it would be beacuse i was either bored or did not know how to cope with something.
    but yeah, just drink a lot of water and move forward
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    with this is i disagree...that extra 1400 calories today means you need to eat 233 calories less each day to balance over the week, thats like a snickers bar every day...1 day over can easily ruin a whole week, just dont get discouraged by this and make it two bad days because that's when it becomes real trouble
  • always_odd
    always_odd Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Chiefly, you need to drink! Lots and lots and lots of water. Eat light, and eat what you probably wouldn't usually use as a meal... ie a bowl of broccoli, steamed veggies plain, salad with lite or no dressing. No fruit! Yes it has good nutrients, but you don't need more sugar.

ALMONDS! They help regulate blood sugar. Not too many though as they are very calorically dense. And sprinkle cinnamon on things. It also helps blood sugar.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Why do you have chocolates in the house if you can't control how many you eat??? Throw out the foods that cause you to binge and stay away from bad restaurants!!! It is not worth it.

This is what I was going to say! Anything chocolate in my house gets eaten the same day so it doesn't come in the house unless I can eat it all and still be under TDEE. Someday I hope to be one of those people that can have one of something good and then put it away for tomorrow, but I can't so I have to be realistic about that.
  • julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I did this a few days ago on a bag of doritos....Just call it a wash, eat if you're hungry, and vow to yourself this won't happen again for a long time. You can do it! But don't not eat for the rest of the day. You'll be fine!
  • only1kid
    only1kid Posts: 1
    Options
    Don't make one mistake turn into more mistakes. Snack healthy for the rest of the day and try to burn some calories by doing what you can.