Foods low in sugar?

Options
Hello guys, well my sugar intake is always too high, so I'm going to focus on bringing that down.
Just want a bit of help and support from all of you and if it's possible could you please list the foods low in sugar! Would google it but my computer isn't showing any results!

Replies

• Emeener
    Emeener Posts: 28
    Options
    I'd definitely recommend increasing all kinds of vegetables and beans, as those are not only low in sugar, but very high in fiber. Fiber's really important because it stops your blood glucose levels from spiking too quickly, and so you won't produce too much insulin at one time. They will also make fill you up and make you satisfied so you won't crave sweets as much. Also, if you're craving sugar, don't be afraid of the sugar found in fruit. I know the numbers might seem high, but if you're eating the whole fruit it is also packed with nutrients and fiber, and it is NOT bad for you like sucrose or high fructose corn syrup because it will be absorbed slowly. Hope this helps!
  • RobinsonDawn
    RobinsonDawn Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you, this is brilliant feedback. Ah I was very worried when I was eating fruit there was a lot of sugar but from now on my mind will be at rest haha:)
    I will try with the beans but I only really like greenbeans haha
  • Emeener
    Emeener Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm glad I could help! I agree 100% that cutting out processed sugar is a good idea, but never be afraid to eat fruit. Also, if you're not a fan of beans, try experimenting with different recipes. I love to make hummus out of garbanzo, black, and white beans, or you can try making chickpea patties, curried garbanzos, or putting some salt and pepper on beans and eating them with avocado. Those are some of my favorites!