oblique cramps

aliensheep0
aliensheep0 Posts: 10
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
So today I was doing some triceps extensions, and after my second set, my obliques on my left side started to cramp up. Then shortly after, my right side started to as well. I stretched out a bit, and it receded but then it came back only moment later. I got really dizzy and almost passed out for a moment. I then stopped, walked back to the locker room, and took a hot shower. Feels better now, but I was wondering why this happened. The day before I was doing some side plank poses for 20 seconds on each side 3 times. It was the first time trying them out, and it felt great all day yesterday.

Replies

• courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Probably just muscle fatigue. Nothing to worry about...just means you have been working them! :)
  • arsec4
    arsec4 Posts: 22
    I agree. Sometimes I get nauseous when I work out really hard, cardio and muscles. Just kind of have to power through it. :)
  • You might change up the position in which you did the extensions and/or the equipment you used. If you were standing, try using a flat or incline bench. If you used dumbells, try a bar for your French press. You are going to want to vary those anyway.
This discussion has been closed.