FITFLOPS!

Options
Fitflops seem like a great idea and seem like a really good way to help tone up legs and bums. However, I personally don't know anyone with a pair and was interested to see whether people think they have a realistic effect or not, or whether they are just another useless, gimmicky weightloss gadget?

Ive toyed with the idea of buying them for a while, but (for my 18year old budget) i dont want to buy something that in the end doesnt really make a lot of difference, and could spend the money on something more effective.
(I also notice that they have a much wider range of designs which are a bit more stylish and fashion-friendly)

Thanks
xxxx

Replies

• mictur
    mictur Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about the Skeckers sandals that are fitflops? I bought a pair at their store and they are comfortable. I also wear their Shape Ups when I go walking. The sandals were about $45 and the sneakers were $100. I was going to order them online, but I am not comfortable ordering like that, so we have a store in one of our malls. I wore mine today with my green skirt, they are green velvet flipflops in honor of Earth Day.:flowerforyou:
  • kellycrow
    kellycrow Posts: 140
    Options
    I have a pair of sneakers like that - I bought them at Curves and they were only $50... I LOVE them... I can feel it when walking but don't know if it really makes a difference... but like I said, mine were only $50 and they are sneakers not flip flops... so not sure if that helps! :o) I know Payless had some knock offs as well for less $$... worth a look if you are interested...
  • amberlusc
    amberlusc Posts: 22
    Options
    Wow, thankyou, my first ever reply :)
    Yeah i think they are the same things, just different branding but same technology really. I would really love it if you could let me know how you get on with them and if you can see/feel an improvement? I just want to be sure before i buy some :)
    xxx
  • rosy54
    rosy54 Posts: 46
    Options
    I wasn't at all impressed with the FitFlops (especially at that cost), but the sneakers may be better. I know that Reebok has something new in sneakers as well.
  • spacie
    spacie Posts: 82
    Options
    Hey, I have the fitflops short ugg type boots and they are AMAZING! I paid £125 second hand on ebay, whic is pretty much the same as in the shops as they are in high demand in my common size 6 feet but smaller ones are a lot cheaper. They are so comfy and even if you dont notice results on your legs, they improve your posture which would make you look even slimmer.

If you are looking for the fitflop flip flops then you can pick them up for £25 at M and M direct.
  • fit4kim
    fit4kim Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of the sneakers...from the original makers cost me 250. Any way not entirely sure I notice a difference, though people that see me walk in them say that they can see the muscles in my legs working. I am pretty active so I don't know if that changes how these are supposed to work. For what they claim and the price, I was hoping to notice a noticeable change or at least soreness when worn a good long day.
  • amberlusc
    amberlusc Posts: 22
    Options
    hey 'spacie' thanks for your tip off at m and m direct! I think at that price (or as you did - ebay it) im swaying towards buying them :)
    and yeah improving posture cant be bad either!
    xxx
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    Sadly, the women in the commercial for the Reebok ones were born with nice butts and legs, they have no reason to wear them! Sigh....
    I wonder if they really do work.....