advice please :)

Options
I have been tracking my food for a week now and notice i dont eat all my required calories. my question is when upping my calorie intake will i see a weight gain at first before my body adjusts? I am going from eating around 1200 to about 1700, and I am currently doing p90x. Is this enough calories to much? I have not had any weight loss for 3 weeks now and reading some posts makes me think that maybe my calories were to low....

Replies

• snaapz
    snaapz Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The all mighty question.

I am always under on my cal intake, I also stay under 140 carbs per day (usually). I exercise 3 times a week and the weight is coming off. I find it hard to eat 1600 - 2000 cals a day!

I eat around 1200-1300 per day. I also have a desk job.

Stay on track and you will soon notice weight loss. It once took me 2 months to see any weight loss... (diet & gym). This time around i started losing weight on day 2.

Do you feel comfortable eating 1700 per day?
  • shannonsjourney1
    shannonsjourney1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I lost 5 pounds right off the bat when i started p90x but i notice by night time i am starving, so my thought was to up the calories in the day so i dont overeat at night. I am in the last week of month 2 and have noticed body changes but the scale remains the same and i have quite a bit to lose. It is a little difficult to get 1700 in me but when i do the tdee it said around 1900 with my activity level and deficiet (sp?) so i am not sure how to go about it. I dont want to overeat but also dont want to undereat.
  • jimma0404
    jimma0404 Posts: 10
    Options
    That's probably why. What are you eating? You need to be eating around 500-700 calories per meal. If not then you need to make those calories up by little snacks here and there.
  • cook6609
    cook6609 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Eat your calories back. I know that when I work out, I need to eat more calories than 1200. Usually just by eating back my calories, I don't feel hungry. I still manage to loose weight even by eating my calories back. Also, for some people they need more of a calorie intake than others. Just try a few things (but give it a week or two) until your metabolism starts back up. Keep going.
  • shannonsjourney1
    shannonsjourney1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    While my body adjusts to the calorie increase would it be normal for my weight to go up first?
  • cook6609
    cook6609 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    It could go up at first. But after a week or two, it will begin to drop again. It shouldn't move that much though.