HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
My fiance is coming to see me for our 3 year anniversary, due to work we haven't seen eachother in 10 months. He's an ex green beret and has gotten back into working out and has shed 50 lbs and is a solid wall of muscles and abs since I last saw him...although I have lost nearly 40 lbs since he last saw me I am nowhere near what he did. I really want to look as good as him by the time he gets here! I don't want people wondering what such a gorgeous guy is doing with such a fatty and I don't want him to be disgusted. Seeing his pictures has really motivated me! My goal is to weigh 170 by May 15th! That means I gotta shed 15 lbs!

Help! Advice please because so far I have been losing weight very, very slowly! I want to do this healthy though! I have been plateaued for a month but I am loosing weight again and I am hoping that jump starts me, usually I loose a little more the first week or two after a plateau than normal! Please, please help!

Replies

• Jb27
    Jb27 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    A cleanse is always a good way to jump start weight loss , it usually helps me drop 5-10 pounds within the first week and if you keep up the diet and working out you can keep it off and keep going.
    Good Luck!
  • leighoconnell
    Options
    Thanks! Any cleanse recomendations? I have never done one. But I did step up my workouts to daily, I am cool with not loosing weight and gaining muscle so long as the inches go down
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    yeah a cleansing will help and keep up with the diet strict and strict exercise then you will do just fine :)
  • Pariah
    Pariah Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    i would cut your carbs down aim for only 150ish a day, and seduce your sodium as well.
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    a lot of people i know are doing the body beach one... ill give you the link

http://www.beachbody.com/product/supplements/best_sellers/2day_fast_formula.do
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    did realize you were negative in a lot of things. cut down the sugar, sodium, cals (only the recommended ones) avoid trans fat, and i think you will be good to go

carbs and proteins are good... as long their the good carbs and good proteins. but lower your carbs a bit... and make sure EVERYTHING in your diet stays green... not red. >.> it will be hard but i think you will manage just right :)
  • hgalloway
    Options
    I would guess that seeing as he’s your fiance and he’s not seen you in 10 months........he’ll be thrilled to see you, and delighted at your 40lb weight loss!!!! The sexiest thing a woman can do for her man is to be confident in herself......men don’t see what we see and even if you don’t feel that great, fake it (confidence that is) !!!

40lbs is a LOT to lose, be proud of yourself and keep going the healthy way, slow and steady.

Enjoy your time together and don’t stress about your weight x
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    A cleanse is always a good way to jump start weight loss , it usually helps me drop 5-10 pounds within the first week and if you keep up the diet and working out you can keep it off and keep going.
    Good Luck!

what in the world.... a cleanse? gosh when i was on here in late 2008-early 2009, that was a huge no no. You're basically just losing muscle mass and water weight with a little bit of fat if by cleanse, you mean one of those fad diet cleanses.

Also, are bodies don't need to be "cleansed". That's what we have a liver for.

Honestly OP, 15 lbs in 3 weeks is a bit unrealistic. However, you mentioned you are coming off this plateau so you may very well lose 15 lbs. My recommendation is to keep up whatever it is you're doing because it's working. You've lost 40 lbs already! And now you're beginning to lose again so woo hoo! Drink plenty of water, eat healthy snacks and meals that are a combination of complex carbs and protein, and exercise.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!

what in the world.... a cleanse? gosh when i was on here in late 2008-early 2009, that was a huge no no. You're basically just losing muscle mass and water weight with a little bit of fat if by cleanse, you mean one of those fad diet cleanses.

Also, are bodies don't need to be "cleansed". That's what we have a liver for.

Honestly OP, 15 lbs in 3 weeks is a bit unrealistic. However, you mentioned you are coming off this plateau so you may very well lose 15 lbs. My recommendation is to keep up whatever it is you're doing because it's working. You've lost 40 lbs already! And now you're beginning to lose again so woo hoo! Drink plenty of water, eat healthy snacks and meals that are a combination of complex carbs and protein, and exercise.
  • leighoconnell
    Options
    So far I take a hike every night with my dog as exercise and I have bumped it up from 30 minutes to an hour. After 10 years of competitive sports and personal trainers I am burnt out on the gym and wont go back, especially after suffering a career ending injury. I walk fast though and work up a sweat, most of it is up hill - dog is loosing weight too and no longer looks like a sausage.

I eat tons of whole grains, I keep my sodium way down, and eat lots of foods that are high in fiber and low fat.

I eat a whole wheat bagel for breakfast, two hard boiled eggs, some lean meat, and a apple for lunch, I have a banana for a snack in the afternoon, and for dinner I have either salmon or boneless, skinless chicken breasts with either a potato or brown rice and a glass of milk for dinner and end the day with a healthy, homemade fruit smoothie. Plus I drink upwards of 15 glasses of water a day.

So far its work good, I just want to start loosing more than 1 lb a week.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I agree with you. Your body is made to function on its own. Your organs flush,get rid of unwanted debris, the hairs in our nose cleanses the air. They have done so many test and have proven that you don.t need to cleanse. Your body is a wonderful machine as long as you take care of it it will work properly of course there is disease etc. The only reason to have your body without residue in it would be for medical testing not to lose weight and that is done under Drs supervision. Just watch what you eat. You have lost 40 pounds and I'm sure he isnt expecting you to look like a brick wall with abs. I'm pretty sure he likes the soft and curvey you. He asked you to marry him didn't he. Good luck just be as excited to see him as we know he is to see you.
  • tattoogal
    Options
    My life saver so far is the Jillian Michaels workouts. You get alot done in a short amount of time(20-40 minutes). I know you said you are not a big gym fan but this is something you can do at home and add to your hiking. But I agree with the comment said earlier, I think your fiance will be thrilled to see you after 10 months and the weight you have already lost.
  • leighoconnell
    Options
    I think he is going to be thrilled too, I just want his jaw to drop. But looking back through my log, I think he will. After all I have lost 2 inches off my bust, 6 off my waist, and 8 off my hips since he's seen me. Thats a alot. I think I am gonna focus on getting under 180 just so I feel better. 179 is only 6 lbs away! I did just realize I've hit my halfway mark though and that's a damn good accomplishment.
  • Pariah
    Pariah Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    sometimes, it's hard for us personally to see the the change we've made because we see it everyday. when you don't see much change from day to day, it's hard to believe that your body shows what the numbers reflect. but then you look at a before and after picture and the difference is obvious. he will see that difference. and if he loves you (which i'm sure he does) he isn't going to say anything like,"i lost 50lbs, and the most you could manage was 40?"
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I guarantee he will notice the positive changes you've made. He loves you. Our bodies don't lose weight the way we want them to. As long as you're eating a balanced diet and choosing lean meats and non processed foods, you'll do great. I've lost the weight I wanted to but I'm still not happy with how it looks. I see the negative. My husband always says "Nice butt." He can see the improvements and doesn't pick out the flaws like I do.