How many pounds did you loose in 9 months?

Options
Please post side by sides and how much weight you've lost between 3-9 months i'd like to see :) Or how much weight you can loose. Also what you eat to loose weight and the exercises you did. Thank you

Replies

• sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Before getting pregnant 19 months ago, I lost 46 lbs in ~9 months. I'm back at my old starting weight right now thanks to gaining too much during pregnancy and having trouble losing while breastfeeding, but here are some comparison pics from the last time I did this:

ProgressJun2011-small.jpg

Edit: I did it by doing a mix of light cardio and light strength training and just watching what I ate (everything in moderation) and counting calories. I set my lifestyle to sedentary and ate back my exercise calories. Used a heart rate monitor during exercise for more accuracy. I started P90X shortly after the pictures were taken and lost another 7 lbs and then got pregnant and had to stop.
  • hiryze
    hiryze Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I don't have any pictures but I have lost 43 pounds since September. Most of that came off in about 4 months. the last couple of months I have been a lot more focused on fitness rather than dropping pounds. The first four months I lost 2 pants sizes. I have lost another 2 in the last 6 weeks by working out.
  • winning12
    winning12 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great job Sarah!!
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    You can check my profile. I lost about 65 lbs in 9 months. Just focus and don't waiver :) Good luck.
  • JmeJinxx
    JmeJinxx Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    About 70. :)
  • lindseymruth
    lindseymruth Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I started just over 7 months ago and I've lost 37lbs. I'm to a weight I am very happy with... now I am working on toning!newb4after_zps27258b33.jpg?t=1363476825
  • deannajf4
    deannajf4 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I started just over 7 months ago and I've lost 37lbs. I'm to a weight I am very happy with... now I am working on toning!newb4after_zps27258b33.jpg?t=1363476825

Wow - you are inspiring to me!! May I ask how that 7 months went - did it drop quickly at first then slow down toward the end, or did you go through great weight loss periods then slower then great again? My weight loss really got started Jan 1 and I feel like I look a bit like your starting picture - it would be a dream come true if I looked like you now by July!! :)
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    no pics, but i am down 92 pounds since July, so a little under 9 months. I started at about 300 lbs, so it's been easier/faster for me to drop the weight than someone starting out lower. I was a size 24ish (US), and I just managed to zip up a pair of 14s the other day! (though my muffin top was not acceptable for a public outing in the pants, lol, at least I can zip them up!)

For the first 2 months I had my calories set at 1200 a day, and I walked a mile or 2 a few times a week.

Then I went on an adventure and upped them significantly because i was hiking miles a day, somewhere between 1800-2000 but I didn't consistently log. As long as my clothes were fitting better, I was confident I was doing ok. Plus, there was no reception for my phone app in the middle of the woods!

Now I have my goal set at 1400, but some days i eat 1200, some days 1600, I like the flexibility that gives me, and it all averages out. Also I believe in occasional big treats; yesterday I ate a bag of Pepperidge Farm cookies. the whole bag. 750 calories, mmm plus milk to dip it in. it was awesome. logged it and still ended the day below my maintenance level. I give myself that kind of indulgence every couple of weeks, I plan for it and I select something I have been craving. It keeps me sane. (not recommended for people who would find that a binge trigger!). for exercise, I walk briskly 2-3 miles 3-4 times a week. I have phases where I will hit a few yoga classes in a week, then I don't, then I do. It's very sporadic. I don't lift (though I should) or go to any type of classes at the gym.

Lastly, I got my Dr involved. Now, to be honest, most general care practitioners don't know much about really effective weight loss other than "eat less, move more" so I take a lot of what she says with a grain of salt (for example, she thinks i need breakfast to kickstart my metabolism, I find that my appetite is increased if I eat breakfast early, so I don't eat until I am hungry) But meeting with her every few months to see how i am doing and check my blood pressure, etc, getting on the accurate scale, and just generally being held accountable by her helps me a lot. I look forward to going and showing off my progress; and she grins so wide every time she sees me; I think because it's somewhat rare for Dr's to see their long time patients lose a significant amount of weight and look healthier every time they visit.
  • lindseymruth
    lindseymruth Posts: 28 Member
    Options

Wow - you are inspiring to me!! May I ask how that 7 months went - did it drop quickly at first then slow down toward the end, or did you go through great weight loss periods then slower then great again? My weight loss really got started Jan 1 and I feel like I look a bit like your starting picture - it would be a dream come true if I looked like you now by July!! :)

It came off very quickly at first... and then tapered and the last 90 days I've only lost about 4 pounds. The last 10 pounds were a LOT harder than the first. I found the more weight I lost the more energy I had to work harder! You can totally do it by July!!!
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    I have lost 70 lbs so far in the last 9 and a half months. My body fat was in the low 40s and is now at 30%. I have a couple pics in my profile of my before and now ( before wearing green dolphins shirt and now wearing red tank top) I still have another 13-15 to go and i am working on strength and building muscle all along.

I eat anywhere from 1300 - sometimes 2000 ( on a bad day) calories a day.....6 times a day. I do the gym 5 days a week ( twice a day, usually AM weights and PM cardio) and take Zumba once a week. The last bit is taking the longest to come off but it will eventually. I love being in the gym and i use a personal trainer every 3-4 months for a one month change up and to learn new things. It will usually push me out of my comfort zone which i love even more.

I am now trying to get up the nerve to try cross fit. It actually scares the crap out of me what they do lol.
  • greeneyedjaime
    greeneyedjaime Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have lost 74 pound since Jan 9 2013. You can check my profile.
  • dee_bee
    dee_bee Posts: 36
    Options
    In 6 months, 31.4kg / 69lb / 4.89 stone

Walking, walking walking! A few spin bike sessions thrown in for good measure, and a couple of bike rides.
  • shrinking_me
    shrinking_me Posts: 207 Member
    Options

Walking, walking walking! A few spin bike sessions thrown in for good measure, and a couple of bike rides.

You rock chick!!!!

Will be 9months for me on the 6th April and I'm down 42lbs (19.2kgs) . . . profile pic is progress so far :smile:
  • dee_bee
    dee_bee Posts: 36
    Options

You rock chick!!!!

Will be 9months for me on the 6th April and I'm down 42lbs (19.2kgs) . . . profile pic is progress so far :smile:

You rock too!! You look STUNNING :smile:
  • rhlnda
    rhlnda Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Lost 29 Lbs & 5 inches in 3 months. Eating 1500-1800 cal. Exercise 5 times a week. Cardio plus active recovery weight training. Alternate days: 1) Upper body 45 mins & Cardio 40 mins 2) Lower Body 45 mins & Light Cardio 20 min 3) Only Cardio 50 min, 4) Rest day. Also do 20 mins in Sauna after each workout. Repeat.
  • crystal479
    crystal479 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    wow well done
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    In my first 9 months I lost 60 pounds. After a 4 month stall I started losing again and in 4 1/2 months I've lost 31 more pounds. My goal is to continue at the rate I am at and go for another 30 in the next 4 1/2 months.

(Sorry, only pictures I have are in my profile and they're not as planned and well thought out as some other folks.)
  • kellyjkaylor
    Options
    I am 6 months in and I have lost 51 lbs, I am at 1250 calories per day and only go over maybe once a week, I do the elliptical maybe 2 hrs a week total and zumba twice a week! I feel fantastic, went from 224-173, I wanna get to 150!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!