How do I get my mojo back?

Options
I started out with this lifestyle change in Jan. and did so great...I lost 22 lbs in 2 months. When March arrived though I lost my mojo and am constantly cheating. I am not stupid and I know what works so why do I continue to repeat this cycle? I have kept myself from quitting all togather--by logging on everyday and reading topics and looking up food values but to be honest its pointless.. I just need advice on how to pick myself up and feel like I did in Jan when I thought I could tackle the fat monster? I need Help fellow MFP people:(

Replies

• WrenLynn
    WrenLynn Posts: 213
    Options
    What you need to think about is how you felt prior to your 22 lb weight loss. Something motivated you then and it should still motivate you because if you don't keep moving and shaking and eating right you will be right back where you were or worse. Look at old pictures of you and then some of you now. You know you look better and feel better so hopefully that will be somewhat motivating as well. Get at it! You can do it!!
  • totallytasha
    totallytasha Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same rut. I lost about 21 pounds, then took my spring 'break' and was never able to get back on track. I know mine springs from the false confidence that now I'm 'skinny' and I don't need to lose anymore. The fact is, I do love me! But I could love me MORE. That, and I lost my gym membership. I miss my classes sssoooooooo badly! Really takes away from your motivation when your favorite exercises are gone.

In the end, I just decide to do what will make me feel the best so that I'll be energetic and ready to go all the time. And that comes from eating good stuff and avoiding the junk.
  • HawkeyeGuy
    HawkeyeGuy Posts: 183
    Options
    I think that quite often people don't realize how much value we put on being 'safe' and eating what we love. Simply put, until you value the feeling of being healthy and fit over relaxing and eating, you won't get over that hump. And the beauty of it is that it's math at work. No matter what you SAY you're going to do, or want to do, until you actually eat less than you burn, you show where your heart lies. We've all been there, but you have to find that reason for YOU. Dig dip, and make a decision - then go with it...

SSG