Anyone on 5-6 meals a day plan?

Options
I just started the 5-6 small meal plan today and I wanted to know if anyone else is doing it and if you saw results rather than 3 big meals. Also, what do you eat for your small meals?

Replies

• Circapaleo
    Circapaleo Posts: 114
    Options
    I'm doing Chris Powell's Choose To Lose plan where I eat 5 times a day. Feel free to look at my diary for what I eat.
  • hiryze
    hiryze Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I do this. I am not on any specific plan it just usually works out that way.

Breakfast one and two are almost always the same. I have a piece of whole wheat toast with a table spoon of natural peanut butter and coffee. #2 is usually a cups worth of egg beaters with 1/4 cup of shredded cheese and hot sauce. Works out to about 400 cal.

Lunch I usually eat something light because I workout in the afternoon. Sometimes hummus and cucumber slices and cheese or carrot sticks and some type of lean meat. After workout is usually a salad with lots of fresh veggies and about 4 ounces of lean meat. All together another 400 cal.

Dinner is usually some type of lean meat vegis and a baked potato. Another 400 calories. Then somewhere in there I have another small snack or two. Greek yogurt or chocolate or popcorn. I am home all day so I have the luxury to be able to eat pretty much all day. I feel great eating this way and have been able to lose weight pretty easily. No plateaus or anything. I purposely go over my calories about once a week by eating out or indulging in some red wine.

*ETA I don't necessarily think that eating this way has sped up my weight loss but I feel a lot better not being weighed down by eating huge meals.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Meal timing has no effect on weight loss/ weight gain or metabolism. I eat 4-6 meals a day because it works for me but you can have the same results with 1 meal a day
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Yes I eat three meals and 2-3 snacks per day!!! It has worked for me!!
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I eat 5 to 6 times a day, every 3 hrs most days unless really busy.