Sorry Sorry Sorry

Options
2»

Replies

• courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I read the other topic...the thing about the written word is you can't tell what someone is really saying (body language, inflection) so people can misconstrue what you were thinking. Even if you meant well, people thought it was rude (I'll just leave my opinion out of this post :wink: ) I have had it happen once before because I simply put "Seriously?!" after one of my comments. I got a much smaller reaction but people were mad at me too. It blew over quickly after I said I didn't mean it. Don't worry about it, you'll be fine!
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    It's been dropped and now you just drew even more attention to yourself?

Looking for attention perhaps? Either way...no need to post an entire new topic on the matter. Leave it be or post that you're sorry there.

Gah.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Double post.
  • chandnikhondji
    chandnikhondji Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I found this by accident.. so since that is obviously about the post allykat8 wrote to my answer to the said topic i maybe should say something too.

When i read your first comment, allykat8, i indeed felt like "i had enough people telling me what to do in my life, i finally found my way that WORKS for me and there is someone not knowing who i am, what i do and judges me and tells me again what works for HER which must not work for me" Well as said i felt like that. Though i am a person who might be up to 180 in a second, i also come down as fast as that.

I have read all other comments and i honestly appreciated that people stood up for me and i felt the support, because indeed you do not know the whole story, but i think besides me nobody does. Everyone knows only a little part of it. You don't know why the ticker doesn't move (i added it now to my profile yes there IS a reason behind it *G* and it is not that i don't lose weight), you don't know how many calories i need since every body is different, you don't know if what i do worked already or not and many other things. But that is ok you can't know everything.

I worked very hard to be able to be that open and honest with my weight problems like i am today and yes it did hurt me to read it at first (and not because 'the truth hurts' that saying does not apply everywhere btw. sonjavon just stated some reasons why - good work on looking into my head there :) ) but I am not a person for being angry at others for a long time or not to talk to someone because some time that person pinced a nerve.

As you *might* have seen at my answers in the thread itself i was not angry or attacked you or said 'bugger off let me in peace' or anything like that. I answerd in a normal matter and also explained why it seems i did not lose weight. I don't think you MEANT it offensive, judging or anything else, the prob with written words are that there is no mimik no body language no nuances in the sounds of words that are important to understand how things are meant.

The same way i thank everyone for defending me i thank you for giving your opinion - no matter if asked for or not.

Imho it is something we all can learn of for the future, not taking it as a reason not to write anymore *grins* For me the matter is closed (has been long until i saw this post and felt i had to answer to it)

Have a good day
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    The end!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I found this by accident.. so since that is obviously about the post allykat8 wrote to my answer to the said topic i maybe should say something too.

When i read your first comment, allykat8, i indeed felt like "i had enough people telling me what to do in my life, i finally found my way that WORKS for me and there is someone not knowing who i am, what i do and judges me and tells me again what works for HER which must not work for me" Well as said i felt like that. Though i am a person who might be up to 180 in a second, i also come down as fast as that.

I have read all other comments and i honestly appreciated that people stood up for me and i felt the support, because indeed you do not know the whole story, but i think besides me nobody does. Everyone knows only a little part of it. You don't know why the ticker doesn't move (i added it now to my profile yes there IS a reason behind it *G* and it is not that i don't lose weight), you don't know how many calories i need since every body is different, you don't know if what i do worked already or not and many other things. But that is ok you can't know everything.

I worked very hard to be able to be that open and honest with my weight problems like i am today and yes it did hurt me to read it at first (and not because 'the truth hurts' that saying does not apply everywhere btw. sonjavon just stated some reasons why - good work on looking into my head there :) ) but I am not a person for being angry at others for a long time or not to talk to someone because some time that person pinced a nerve.

As you *might* have seen at my answers in the thread itself i was not angry or attacked you or said 'bugger off let me in peace' or anything like that. I answerd in a normal matter and also explained why it seems i did not lose weight. I don't think you MEANT it offensive, judging or anything else, the prob with written words are that there is no mimik no body language no nuances in the sounds of words that are important to understand how things are meant.

The same way i thank everyone for defending me i thank you for giving your opinion - no matter if asked for or not.

Imho it is something we all can learn of for the future, not taking it as a reason not to write anymore *grins* For me the matter is closed (has been long until i saw this post and felt i had to answer to it)

Have a good day

That was the very definition of gracious. The end.