having such a hard time

Options
I dont know why but I cant seem to get back on track at all. I promise myself I will log each day but never do it. Was doing the 30 day shred and me and my exercise buddy stopped it cause of pains and now find out that doing it may have caused problems for my buddy. So when they say dont stop even if you feel like you are going to die. Well just a wise word it is better to stop then to harm yourself.
Going away for a couple days so hope that once I get a break from everything I can get back on track. I will try my best but I know over this last week I feel like I put on the 6 pounds I lost. Its terrible. I still blame it on going through the change of life.but maybe thats an excuse for me.
24 years ago I was alot heavier then I am now in total I have lost 130 pounds since that time.

Replies

• BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I don't wish to sound impolite, but how will stopping for several days and then coming back help? Would it not be better to tell yourself, right now, that you aren't a quitter? To log everything you ate today to the best of your recollection? To wake up tomorrow morning with the resolution that you will take responsibility for the beautiful body you were given, and to serve it as well as it has served you?

These questions are rhetorical and for your consideration only. No answers are required. I wish you the best.
    With love,
    Burt
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I don't wish to sound impolite, but how will stopping for several days and then coming back help? Would it not be better to tell yourself, right now, that you aren't a quitter? To log everything you ate today to the best of your recollection? To wake up tomorrow morning with the resolution that you will take responsibility for the beautiful body you were given, and to serve it as well as it has served you?

These questions are rhetorical and for your consideration only. No answers are required. I wish you the best.
    With love,
    Burt

You are so sweet. I was thinking of quitting and giving up but reading this made me change my mind. Can We be friends.
  • BurtHuttz
    Options
    You are so sweet. I was thinking of quitting and giving up but reading this made me change my mind. Can We be friends.

I don't wish to sound impolite, however, my "friends list" is on a quota-based system. Because of your "demographic" situation, there is not room for you on my list.

I already have three people with the letter V in their name on my list

With love, and regret,
    Burt
  • Croweyellow
    Options
    Sorry!
  • SoViLicious
    Options

I don't wish to sound impolite, however, my "friends list" is on a quota-based system. Because of your "demographic" situation, there is not room for you on my list.

I already have three people with the letter V in their name on my list

With love, and regret,
    Burt

Perhaps, I can change your mind. I really really need your assistance! Surly there is a way around this V rule\?. Can you just ignore it? After all this cannot be the absolute and final word of you accepting my FR?
  • BurtHuttz
    Options
    Perhaps, I can change your mind. I really really need your assistance! Surly there is a way around this V rule\?. Can you just ignore it? After all this cannot be the absolute and final word of you accepting my FR?

Young lady, I don't play "hard to get". I have rules - - I call them "Huttz' Habits". Huttz' Habit number 6 is to never concede a point when it comes to a rule. And my quotas are a rule. A firm rule. They aren't one of Huttz' Habits, though - I don't mean to be unclear. Huttz' Habits are a succinct list of the 74 most important guidelines that guide my procedures in daily life. One of those is not to violate the quotas. The only way I could possibly accommodate you would be to delete one of my other Vs, and frankly, I'm very fond of those people. So the question, not to put too fine a point on it, is, will you send me a candid photograph by private message?

With love,
    Burt
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Try doing something that dont cause you pain. Try some brisk walking or something. I have some nerve damage in my left leg and get it bad when I run. You can also try buying some compression gear for the areas that are causing you pain, it definitely helps.
  • sirabbadon
    sirabbadon Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I promise myself I will log each day but never do it
    Why? Because you don't want to. Plain and simple. People do what they want. Either stop crying about it and commit to change, or accept who you are as you are. There's no middle ground.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    You could log one of two way: Log but don't click "complete this entry", if you aren't sure you want it to be noted for your Friends List. Or log it, click it, and kind of account yourself back into responsibility.

Logging is the first place where I start to lose it - start there. A couple of days of honest logging will feel good, even if the numbrs are high.
  • wldrose75
    wldrose75 Posts: 128
    Options
    My recommendation is to start by simply logging what you eat, everything you eat. Don't worry about losing weight at first. Just log. This lets you start seeing what you are really eating. So many of us are in denial of what all we consume or are just unaware of what we eat consists of caloriewise. Once I started logging and see how many calories I was eating, that motivated me to take small steps. If I eat an apple for a snack today instead of a candy bar, what will that do to my daily total? Then I started trying to see what would happen if I packed a lunch to take to work instead of eating out of the vending machines. It became like a game to me. On days that I was under my goal calories, I won. On days I went over, I was determined I'd win a rematch. Once I started consistantly being under my daily calories, I started feeling some motivation to do more, make more of the weight lose. I started (gasp) exercising. I'm still not running miles or tearing it up at the gym, but I'm riding the stationary bike for 20-30 minutes at a time, 3-4 days a week. That's more exercise than I've done in 20 years!

My point is that you take little steps, but you do have to take a step to start out. So first step is to log what you eat. It'll all come after that, slowly but surely. Hang in there. Nobody does this by quitting.
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I dont know why but I cant seem to get back on track at all. I promise myself I will log each day but never do it. Was doing the 30 day shred and me and my exercise buddy stopped it cause of pains and now find out that doing it may have caused problems for my buddy. So when they say dont stop even if you feel like you are going to die. Well just a wise word it is better to stop then to harm yourself.
    Going away for a couple days so hope that once I get a break from everything I can get back on track. I will try my best but I know over this last week I feel like I put on the 6 pounds I lost. Its terrible. I still blame it on going through the change of life.but maybe thats an excuse for me.
    24 years ago I was alot heavier then I am now in total I have lost 130 pounds since that time.

The beginning of menopause can totally mess up your emotions in the same way starting way back when we were teens did. We do not tend to remember that though do we! :blushing: As a result, I suspect you might be a bit depressed and emotional right now and might need a break from all the control? You have already lost 130 pounds so clearly you can get back on track. Please do not beat yourself up over the 30DS! I tried it today for the first time and managed 5 minutes and thought I was going to die! I definitely quit right then and there. So you are not alone and I think I will start with a less intense program and work up to that one myself! :wink: Why not give yourself a break and come back to MFP all refreshed, rejuvenated and fired up to begin again. I doubt you will gain 130 pounds in a couple of days and your emotions may be back to a more normal state by then. Enjoy your two days and we'll all be here to encourage you when you get back! :flowerforyou:
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Mr. Burt

I cannot send them online because I do not have a scanner. But I notice you live in the same City as my blind Aunt Mae. I will be visiting her in a week. I have a Polaroid camera and can bring it with me. Perhaps we can meet in a dimly lit alley and you can take pictures of me? I know I can trust you because you are on the internet and only trust worthy people have the internet right? I read that on the internet.
    Be careful! He will use you for your body, and then tell you your branches are only fit for burning!
  • BurtHuttz
    Options
    Mr. Burt

I cannot send them online because I do not have a scanner. But I notice you live in the same City as my blind Aunt Mae. I will be visiting her in a week. I have a Polaroid camera and can bring it with me. Perhaps we can meet in a dimly lit alley and you can take pictures of me? I know I can trust you because you are on the internet and only trust worthy people have the internet right? I read that on the internet.

I miss the polaroids. I hope you stocked up because it's starting to get hard to find the film for them now. I have a shoebox full of precious treasures that are only on polaroid. I always promise myself that one day I'll scan them in to the computer but I never seem to have the time. Always onward, right? Laughing. Anyway, I am legitimate, I'm not a weird internet person. I will be here next week and I have a camera. It is one of the new digital ones that takes pictures you can put straight on the computer. I cannot wait to see you, all of you. I will send the private message for details.

With love,
    Burt
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    maybe you need an exercise that's fun, try Zumba you burn a lot of calories and you don't feel like you're exercising.
  • BurtHuttz
    Options
    To Burt:

Please know that I don't want to be your friend. You seem to have assholey tendencies that do not fit into my pristine friend's list, and I would not wish to taint this perfect pool.

To quote another poster in this thread who had really great advice, all I can say is that the beginning of menopause can totally mess up your emotions in the same way starting way back when we were teens did. As a result, I suspect you might be a bit depressed and emotional right now and might need a break from all the control?

With love,
    Burt
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Just set a goal to log in one time a day then increase it..
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    To Burt:

Please know that I don't want to be your friend. You seem to have assholey tendencies that do not fit into my pristine friend's list, and I would not wish to taint this perfect pool.

No "V" in my name.
    :devil: :smokin: :devil: :smokin: :devil: :smokin: :devil:

Well I can tell you, you are missing out. I have both Burt and SoVictorious and they...err...motivate me hard and long...which is why I don't know if I can approve this budding friendship. The two them together might be overwhelming for me. I'm exhausted at the thought of all the support they'd be giving me every night!
  • SoViLicious
    Options
    Mr. Burt...
    I look forward to the PM with the details. Having already received one from you tonight, can you explain to me what is this paddle you write about?

Please. It is against the community guidelines to post details about my private messages in public. Once I send it to you in a message, you have to stay silent. It's like you signed a non-disclosure agreement. You could be exposing yourself to legal liability if you mention the contents of my messages one more time.

With love,
    Burt

Mr Burt... Or My Lord Dominance as you have ordered me to call you. I hang my head low to avoid eye contact with you as you are the one with all the power. My only question is... Is the room really red?
  • BurtHuttz
    Options
    Mr Burt... Or My Lord Dominance as you have ordered me to call you. I hang my head low to avoid eye contact with you as you are the one with all the power. My only question is... Is the room really red?

This is not general forum talk! I've told you several times. When you get out here next week there will be . . . unpleasantness for you as a result of these actions.
    Burt
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options

Anyways, to steer this hijacked thread from whatever is going on between two other people, exactly why are you making excuses about food logging? Food debits to energy credits. It needs to be logged, its as simple as that, if you want to see any real results.

About exercise buddies... if they stop, you keep going. Maybe they'll catch up, maybe they won't. You have to do this for you and no one else. They're in pain? Sorry to hear, but if you can keep going, do it. Injuries are common, but you can't let someone else's injuries hold YOU back.

If you can't do the due diligence of the most basic part of this process, how can you ask anyone to do anything else for you?